G5200 Overheating

Wiski

Aug 5, 2009
Caledon Ontario
I have been fighting an overheating problem for at least 5 years now.

Tractor only overheats when cutting grass. It used to take 2 hours now about 20 minutes. I can run the tractor with PTO on but not cutting and it does NOT overheat.

I have replaced rad, waterpump, removed thermostat, replaced rad cap tightened fanbelt.

Pressure test does show a pressure leak but there is no evidence of water in the oil.

Any ideas?

Jim

Theekillerbee

Jun 28, 2009
Pleasant View UT, USA
I'm assuming you have done a good radiator flush during this whole process. Also assuming you are mixing your antifreeze to a 50/50 ratio. If both assumptions are correct, you may have an obstruction in your water channels of your engine block. One thing you can try, and I know this doesn't directly fix the problem, you can run just plain water through the system. Water has a lower boiling point than antifreeze, therefore it will keep an engine cooler during hot months....just don't ever...EVER...let that stuff stay in there for the winter!:eek:

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I have been fighting an overheating problem for at least 5 years now.

Tractor only overheats when cutting grass. It used to take 2 hours now about 20 minutes. I can run the tractor with PTO on but not cutting and it does NOT overheat.

I have replaced rad, waterpump, removed thermostat, replaced rad cap tightened fanbelt.

Pressure test does show a pressure leak but there is no evidence of water in the oil.

Any ideas?

Jim
Here's another thought check your timing marks flywheel ( Crank to Cam ) If the key has sheared and now fires after top dead center even a few degrees it will over heat during a full load like mowing with wide open throttle demand. Just a thought I could be full of it too!!!!!!!!!