G5200 Battery ??

grinchsr

Equipment
g5200
Mar 16, 2018
Shelton Ct
I am going to the pros again. What would be a good after market battery for a G5200H? How many CCA would I need and what would be the dimensions?

BruceP

Equipment
G5200H
Aug 7, 2016
Richmond, Vermont, USA
I own a G5200 with the D600 engine. The factory battery is rated at 35 AmpHour with 300CCA

There is a VERY real problem with the location of the battery right infront of the radiator. (within 4 inches) If one installs a physically larger battery (which may actually fit), it impedes the airflow through the radiator. This can lead to overheating. (Dont ask me how I figured this out)

I would STRONGLY suggest you consider the physically SMALLEST battery which meets the starting requirements of the D600 engine. A tall, thin battery would be ideal. The resultant improved cooling airflow is a strong benefit.

Last edited:

grinchsr

Equipment
g5200
Mar 16, 2018
Shelton Ct
Thanks for the tip Bruce. I will keep that in mind. What brand name and part number battery are you using? Ray

BruceP

Equipment
G5200H
Aug 7, 2016
Richmond, Vermont, USA
Thanks for the tip Bruce. I will keep that in mind. What brand name and part number battery are you using? Ray
I am 45 minute drive from my tractor so I cannot give you specifics.

I know the battery in my G5200 is a KUBOTA labelled battery. It was in there when I bought the tractor a couple years ago.

As I mentioned, I noticed the engine overheating and the battery was leaning against the dust-filter infront of the radiator. After strapping the battery to the steering column to keep it away from the radiator, the overheating issue subsided.

If I were looking to replace the battery, I would strongly consider one of those compact AGM batteries from the local INTERSTATE batteries distributor.

BruceP

Equipment
G5200H
Aug 7, 2016
Richmond, Vermont, USA
To answer your original question... the factory G5200 battery dimensions are
7.68 inches x 5.16 inches x 7.13 inches.

(The battery in my G5200 is significantly larger than that with real automotive-style posts for connections.)

cliffboyer

Equipment
L3301 w/LA525 loader, G5200 mower w/RC48 deck, Kawasaki 610 Mule, DR mower
Nov 30, 2017
Southern IL
The G5200 manual states an NT60-S4L. I believe now discontinued, at least in NA. Closest I found in size was a group size 51R. It's a bit larger at 9"x5"x8". Had to jury-rig a hold down due to extra width, plus a 1/2" foam pad shim to get it to sit flat (tray lip caused it to tilt).

Have never had an over heating issue. But I'm diligent in keeping screen & radiator clean.

I have always wanted to relocate battery to a box mounted behind transaxle. Extra weight down low would be nice for traction.

Larry Brown

Equipment
Kubota G5200h, BX23S
Aug 31, 2021
I used a battery intended for Mazda Miata fits well, top posts on correct orientation. Used a nylon strap with plastic buckle to secure.

Extended 4 year full replacement warranty on Amazon

• Sealed AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat)
  • 400 CA(Cranking Amps)
  • 320 CCA (Cold Cranking Amps)
  • 45 RC (Reserve Capacity Minutes)
No code has to be inserted here.