Fuel system on B6200 ?

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
After running fine, my B6200 won't start. ... cranks over and bleeding air doesn't help. Fuel/injector pump prob?

Any suggestions? Tnx Rob
Is there any smoke coming out the exhaust as you crank? If so then I bet the glow plugs are not working.
No smoke?......then maybe your shut off solenoid is stuck closed.

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Can you give us a little more info on what happened. kinda the who, what, when, where of the situation. I believe it will help us help you.

MeRob

Equipment
snow removal and herding chipmunks on acreage
Nov 29, 2011
Oliver BC Canada
Can you give us a little more info on what happened. kinda the who, what, when, where of the situation. I believe it will help us help you.
hi There...

The good news is that I parked it out of sight while I was away for a short time. the bad news is thats where it decided not to start. The worse news is that we've had heavy rain storms almost since. Agh

Battery is up... fuel filter has fuel in it. tried bleeding. no smoke ...compression sounds good.

Sure looks like fuel starvation

i'm thinking a possible plugged fuel or vent line.

We split the tractor last fall...and looked at everything...NO problems. Runs super. I figured that this is probably something simple that I'm missing.

Thanks Rob

MeRob

Equipment
Nov 29, 2011
Oliver BC Canada
Thanks for all of your sugestions...

It turned out to be a simple but devious fix.

When you are purging air from the fuel delivery system, you do so with the fuel valve closed. ie with the Fuel Shut-off cable PULLED-OUT.

I found that the fuel cut-off valve has a return spring! that tends to hold the fuel valve open ( that is with the Fuel shut-off cable pushed in) Then, when you PULL-OUT the fuel shut off cable...the cable pulls against the spring action and closes the fuel valve.

However,

IF your fuel valve shaft is seriously sticky and the return spring is elderly (like mine) ...the fuel valve MAY just STAY (stuck) CLOSED !

You tend NOT to notice this whilst you are trying unsuccessfully to start the engine.

...and it tends to be an intermittant problem.

Agh!

Thanks again for all the help...

Rob

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Thanks for coming back and posting your results. That may help someone else come to a quicker resolution to their problem. Glad you got her going!!

Thanks Again.

MeRob

Equipment
Nov 29, 2011
Oliver BC Canada
Bummer...that's what it looked like to me too...after I sent it
i'm still trying to program my VCR...

The thanks note should have gone to kuboman.

Who needs their glasses...not me!