Fuel starvation

M@rk24

Equipment
B7610 with belly mower and back blade
Apr 29, 2024
Cheshire, MA
My B7610 has an issue where it will stall out randomly. I have noticed that the fuel water separator bowl will start to run dry and then the tractor will starve for fuel and stall. I have changed the fuel and the separator bowl and filter. Fuel flows from hose from tank to separator no issue. This is still happening randomly. Any thoughts or suggestions. Tried to pinch the small hose that runs off of the separator no change. Removed fuel cap no change.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
When it does it remove the small line off the separator and see if it fills up.
If it doesn't then there more than likely something in the tank stopping the fuel flow.

HermTDI

Equipment
Kubota GR2120
Jan 13, 2013
Richomnd, Maine us
My B7610 has an issue where it will stall out randomly. I have noticed that the fuel water separator bowl will start to run dry and then the tractor will starve for fuel and stall. I have changed the fuel and the separator bowl and filter. Fuel flows from hose from tank to separator no issue. This is still happening randomly. Any thoughts or suggestions. Tried to pinch the small hose that runs off of the separator no change. Removed fuel cap no change.
please review my post on this issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

M@rk24

Equipment
B7610 with belly mower and back blade
Apr 29, 2024
Cheshire, MA
When it does it remove the small line off the separator and see if it fills up.
If it doesn't then there more than likely something in the tank stopping the fuel flow.
I pulled the small hose no fuel flow. I then pulled the large hose directly from the tank no fuel flow. I just bought a small camera that I'm going to check inside the tank with before removing it. More to come.

miket1

Equipment
Kubota L3901
May 10, 2024
Texas, Arkansas
I had the same type issue with my L3901. Disconnected the fuel line and blew back into the tank and it worked for a while, then did it again. I remember one day pondering how something could be in the line since I am very careful to avoid contamination in my fuel cans etc, and literally while I lifted the can up to the tractor, with the tractor fuel cap open, a leaf fell from an oak tree and went right in the hole!

Fished it out, of course. But that reminded me that no matter how careful we are, stuff happens.

Anyway, eventually pulled the fuel line "L" out of the bottom of the tank and there was what appeared to be wasp parts plugging up the entrance to the fuel line. Sucker must have flown in one day while I was refueling.