Fuel Bowl for a B7001

Marine1975

Equipment
B7001
Aug 9, 2017
REDMOND, OREGON
Hey folks, I recently purchased a B7001 4WD Kubota and when I got it home and really started looking into the tractor, I noticed quite a few problems that the previous owner neglected to tell me. I discovered the that all the original electrical wiring had been removed and new hacked in wiring installed. The original ignition switch was replaced with an after market switch from who knows where. The glow plugs didn't work so I replaced them and still no go. The ignition switch is wired so that the glow plugs don't get power until you turn the key to the "Start" position and consequently, the tractor is difficult to start. I think I'll replace the ignition switch with a Kubota switch and route new wiring and hopefully this will fix the glow plug issue. Finally, I noticed my tractor was leaking diesel fuel at the fuel bowl due to a crack in the plastic. I'm having a hard time finding a replacement bowl for a B7001 with a D750 engine. Does anyone know where I can find one?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Marine1975, welcome to the forum, and based on your moniker I thank you for your service.

Your tractor is , most likely, actually a B7100. The number you listed is always a point of confusion, a part of the serial number.

You local dealer will have the bowl, or you can order through these folks, who are also a Kubota dealer with excellent parts and service. https://www.colemanequip.com/

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Is it possible there is a wired in push-n-hold button for the glow plugs? That is a common way folk rewire glow plugs

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hey folks, I recently purchased a B7001 4WD Kubota and when I got it home and really started looking into the tractor, I noticed quite a few problems that the previous owner neglected to tell me. I discovered the that all the original electrical wiring had been removed and new hacked in wiring installed. The original ignition switch was replaced with an after market switch from who knows where. The glow plugs didn't work so I replaced them and still no go. The ignition switch is wired so that the glow plugs don't get power until you turn the key to the "Start" position and consequently, the tractor is difficult to start. I think I'll replace the ignition switch with a Kubota switch and route new wiring and hopefully this will fix the glow plug issue. Finally, I noticed my tractor was leaking diesel fuel at the fuel bowl due to a crack in the plastic. I'm having a hard time finding a replacement bowl for a B7001 with a D750 engine. Does anyone know where I can find one?
Can you shoot us some pictures? It will help a lot!:)

As D2CAT said, you might have a B7100 ......and that is a good thing. Take a picture of the fuel issue and a picture of the side view too.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Even if it is a B7001 a fuel bowl off of a B7100 will still work they are the same parts. ;)

Marine1975

Equipment
B7001
Aug 9, 2017
REDMOND, OREGON
I'm pretty sure it is a B7001 based on the serial number and sticker on engine cowl. I have attached pictures so that you can see what I am talking about. Thanks for your help and yes I was in the Marines and it was an honor and pleasure serving this great country of ours.

Sorry about the double post, I'm still learning how this website works.

Attachments

Marine1975

Equipment
B7001
Aug 9, 2017
REDMOND, OREGON
Can you shoot us some pictures? It will help a lot!:)

As D2CAT said, you might have a B7100 ......and that is a good thing. Take a picture of the fuel issue and a picture of the side view too.
From the pictures I took, I still think it might be a grey B7001, but will defer to your expertise. Attached are five pictures of my little project.

Attachments

Marine1975

Equipment
B7001
Aug 9, 2017
REDMOND, OREGON
Marine1975, welcome to the forum, and based on your moniker I thank you for your service.

Your tractor is , most likely, actually a B7100. The number you listed is always a point of confusion, a part of the serial number.

You local dealer will have the bowl, or you can order through these folks, who are also a Kubota dealer with excellent parts and service. https://www.colemanequip.com/
Thanks for the information and yes I was in the Marines. It was an honor and privilege serving this wonderful country of ours.