Front Mount Hydraulic Angled Blade on B2650 Loader

bcuster

Equipment
B2650 w/ cab, FEL, BH, 63" snowblower w/ extensions, grapple, forks, box blade
Jul 10, 2015
State College, PA
I found a B2775 72" hydraulic angle blade with B2714B male quick hitch for mounting to the frame. Looking at the Kubota website, I see they make a quick hitch plate to mount the blade (60" blade shown) to the loader arms.

Front Mount Hydraulic Angled Blade on B2650 Loader - same as attached pic

Does anyone have this setup? Pros and cons versus frame mount? Things I worry about are stress on the loader arms with side load, messing up driveway if not using float mode, etc.

I assume the quick hitch plate and hardware can be bought separately. Does anyone have a parts diagram available to see how to mount the blade to it?

Thanks!

Attachments

countrynerd

Equipment
BX25D, L3301
Jun 6, 2016
thumb, MI, USA
I found a B2775 72" hydraulic angle blade with B2714B male quick hitch for mounting to the frame. Looking at the Kubota website, I see they make a quick hitch plate to mount the blade (60" blade shown) to the loader arms.

Front Mount Hydraulic Angled Blade on B2650 Loader - same as attached pic

Does anyone have this setup? Pros and cons versus frame mount? Things I worry about are stress on the loader arms with side load, messing up driveway if not using float mode, etc.

I assume the quick hitch plate and hardware can be bought separately. Does anyone have a parts diagram available to see how to mount the blade to it?

Thanks!

If I had 3rd function I would have one. Not fun getting out in winter to change angle. But not worth adding 3rd function neither

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

macbma

Equipment
B2650HSD
Feb 13, 2017
Irwin, Pa, USA
I have the B2673 plow on my B2650. I'm out of state on vacation now, but happen to have these picks on my phone. I can look for the parts manual when u get home next week.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

macbma

Equipment
B2650HSD
Feb 13, 2017
Irwin, Pa, USA
Also, the blade comes with the SSQA plate. So as long as you have the SSQA bracket on your loader, you do not need any additional parts. The Kubota 3rd function valve was installed on the tractor at the dealer. I bought the hydraulic angling kit and plow separately, and installed them myself.

It is nice to be able to stay in the seat to change the angle.

bcuster

Equipment
B2650 w/ cab, FEL, BH, 63" snowblower w/ extensions, grapple, forks, box blade
Jul 10, 2015
State College, PA
Thanks for the pics. So hmmmm... the B2673 blade comes with the SSQA plate?

So I just found pics of your blade assembly in another thread

It appears that I could possibly purchase the SSQA plate specific to the B2673 blade and replace the blade with my B2775 blade? Are they interchangeable? Any dealers that know the answer to this question?

I already have the B2714B male quick hitch for my B2782B 63" front mount snowblower, so I guess it would make more sense to just swap out the B2775 blade as needed. But, DANG - a quick hitch SSQA swap and go with bucket and blade would be so much more convenient.

My B2782B 63" front mount snowblower is quickly becoming one of those attachments I doubt will get much use..... Bought it with the tractor 2 yrs ago and still haven't used it. Maybe when we get one of those major snowfalls we use to get, I'll appreciate having it. ;)

Last edited:

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
Did you end up getting one of these OP? How do you like it?

I'm also a little concerned about stress on the loader using this.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
The biggest complaint I see about an ssqa snow blade is the lack of a floating blade. Some fabricators make a true floating ssqa front blade with a chain lift and hinge.
I don't mind the standard rigid ssqa mount, like my HLA blade. There is an inch or so of vertical slop in the mount, so I set the blade down so that the blade weight is on the ground, but not the loader arms weight.

As long as the blade trips and the hydraulic piston (s) have relief valves built in I wouldn't worry about loader arm damage with common sense operation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I have the B2673 plow on my B2650. I'm out of state on vacation now, but happen to have these picks on my phone. I can look for the parts manual when u get home next week.

I have this same setup on my B3350 with Kubota third function.

I use it to plow snow on both of my 800'+ asphalt driveways. I have the hard rubber cutting edge to avoid asphalt damage and use float mode.

Works well.

SDT

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
The biggest complaint I see about an ssqa snow blade is the lack of a floating blade. Some fabricators make a true floating ssqa front blade with a chain lift and hinge.
I don't mind the standard rigid ssqa mount, like my HLA blade. There is an inch or so of vertical slop in the mount, so I set the blade down so that the blade weight is on the ground, but not the loader arms weight.

As long as the blade trips and the hydraulic piston (s) have relief valves built in I wouldn't worry about loader arm damage with common sense operation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by lack of a floating blade? You mean something other than floating the FEL?

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
Excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by lack of a floating blade? You mean something other than floating the FEL?
A typical truck blade is lifted by chains and a hydraulic piston, so when floated the blade hinges up and down on the terrain. Most ssqa blades have a rigid mount between the blade and the ssqa plate, which does not allow the blade to move up and down (much). The fel can be floated, but then you're taking the fel weight off the front tires, plus there can be a significant weight applied to the ground if floating the fel.
Some operators float the fel with ssqa blades, some keep the blade just sitting on the ground without being in float (which is what I generally do). There are several fabrication threads here that describe how people have made their own floating ssqa blades.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Mine is homebrew but illustrates the idea. Here are a couple shots taken when I was finishing the mount. The design was based on one posted by Gordon Gould that tucks the plow mount under the SSQA plate to lessen the distance the moldboard sticks out in front of the tractor. That helps shorten the overall length of the machine and more importantly keeps the plow from acting as a rudder when it's angled.

For normal operation, the plow itself is floated with the chain suspension. To apply more pressure for packed snow, the loader arms can be put into the float position and bear down on the plow frame. Never had to use that feature. If there ever were an extreme need for down pressure, the frame will handle down pressure sufficient to lift the front wheels off the ground.

Attachments

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
That makes sense, thanks guys.

I'm in the process of ordering my B2650. Still not sure if I want to get this or not. I'm probably going to hold off for now.

Tweetybrun

Equipment
L 3200 Tractor Loader B/H RTV x1100c Grand L 4060 FL 805, BH 9.2
Jul 28, 2014
Hancock New York
Mine is homebrew but illustrates the idea. Here are a couple shots taken when I was finishing the mount. The design was based on one posted by Gordon Gould that tucks the plow mount under the SSQA plate to lessen the distance the moldboard sticks out in front of the tractor. That helps shorten the overall length of the machine and more importantly keeps the plow from acting as a rudder when it's angled.

For normal operation, the plow itself is floated with the chain suspension. To apply more pressure for packed snow, the loader arms can be put into the float position and bear down on the plow frame. Never had to use that feature. If there ever were an extreme need for down pressure, the frame will handle down pressure sufficient to lift the front wheels off the ground.
I agree, it’s difficult to plow n gravel with this blade. It constantly digs in. I do better with my back blade. You at least need a horizontal floating blade which HLA makes.

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
Yeah, I could see how that would be a problem. I've always plowed snow with a back blade as well, it's a very versatile option.

The power-angle on the front is enticing but I suppose I'm probably better off with the back blade.

mcicero

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, BH77, Land Pride SGC0660
Aug 30, 2019
York, ME

That looks pretty slick. Do you have any more picture you could share? I would like to put something on the front vs a blade in the rear to avoid having to take of the BH just to plow.

TimP

Equipment
B3000
Jan 16, 2012
Baltimore, MD. USA
I bought a B2775 front mount blade and wonder how the Blade "Trip Spring Lockout" works?

Do you just reposition the little "U" shaped brackets, or some other connection?

I want to be sure the trip springs are functional when I am plowing snow.

Thanks !