Front Loader Issues

Pat T

Aug 7, 2017
Albion
I'd look for a restriction in the oil lines going to the right cylinder or maybe bent cylinder rod?? Also check greasing on pivot points. Hope you find it!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The tube/rod that connects the 2 latch plates together is either bent or broken and the latch plates are not clocked the same any more.

Your either going to have to cut the tube/rod out and replace it, or sometimes you can bend it back, you do that by stopping movement on the plate that's leading and use the hydraulics to push the other out till they are clocked the same.

russell.still.5

Aug 28, 2017
Lafayette, Alabama
The tube/rod that connects the 2 latch plates together is either bent or broken and the latch plates are not clocked the same any more.

Your either going to have to cut the tube/rod out and replace it, or sometimes you can bend it back, you do that by stopping movement on the plate that's leading and use the hydraulics to push the other out till they are clocked the same.

I agree that’s it’s bent or broke.
I bent mine one when one side came unlatched from the bucket. I chained the whole assembly down to my trailer and put the floor jack under it in order to straighten it. I tried putting it against a tree and using the cylinder pressure to straighten it but that didn’t work. Also tried pushing against was tree and that didn’t work either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
My tractor was about 3 months old when I switched out my pallet forks to my bucket. I went to ditch the side of my driveway. Unfortunately I started digging with the FEL and one side of the bucket was not locked in and bent the quick connect head gear. I had the Kubota insurance with a $200. deductible I think. The bill was $440. total. I paid $200. and lesson learned.

dpaulson

Equipment
L3800
Yes, that rod is twisted keeping it out of time. Stick a 4 X 4 wood block just below the left cylinder shaft and retract the cylinder wedging the block between the quick attach and the loader frame. retract the cylinder a bit more so that the right side moves farther than where the left side is blocked. This will twist that rod back to original shape. Check ocasionally to see if they are in time. repeat till both are in time. careful that you don't twist it to far or you need to block the other side to twist it back. it will only take a few minutes to correct it.

mpham

Equipment
B 2650 cab
Nov 15, 2016
Massachusetts
I did the same thing to mine with a stump bucket that wasn’t quite built to spec. It fell off and twisted mine. As said above a block of wood on the piston got it back in time.

RandyHop

Equipment
2015 MX5200-HST, FEL LA1065, Land Pride Grapple,, Woods 72"Mower
Apr 8, 2020
Portland, Oregon
I did the same thing to mine with a stump bucket that wasn’t quite built to spec. It fell off and twisted mine. As said above a block of wood on the piston got it back in time.
HI MPHAM - Mine twisted when the quick release failed, and the grapple fell off on one end.
So, now I cannot get the mounting plates on my bucket because of the tweaking.
Question: How did you use a block of wood to fix the twisting on yours?
It could save me $850.

PS - That quick release, quick mount is a flawed design in my opinion.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
HI MPHAM - Mine twisted when the quick release failed, and the grapple fell off on one end.
So, now I cannot get the mounting plates on my bucket because of the tweaking.
Question: How did you use a block of wood to fix the twisting on yours?
It could save me $850.

PS - That quick release, quick mount is a flawed design in my opinion.
See your other post on this same issue:
There are hundreds of thousands of this design out there in use, and it's a tried a true design.

You can use a block of wood to fix it by blocking the landing plate that is closest to the arms when you curl it back, till both plates are in alinement.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
A quick release very seldom fails. It may come unlatched, but that is most often caused my something else, like a branch moving it up to release it. Or perhaps not fully engaged to begin with.

Here's an idea for a simple cure. Drill a 1/4" hole at the end of each handle. Then find a heavy bungie cord to hook in the hole and go under the tube and back to the other side hole.

If you look close you can see how it works.

Attachments