front end weights

joe gargery

Equipment
Kubota L2501
Aug 14, 2020
Tyee
After 4 months of use with my new L2501, mowing, tilling, dragging logs, I've concluded I need a canopy and front end weights (no loader). I never thought it would be this diffcult buying accesories. I have called several dealerships and none of them have either in stock. Okay, so I'm willing to wait for said items to arrive, but first I would like to see a brochure or a description on one of Kubota's websites . There are no brochures, and nothing on 'build my tractor' or any other Kubota site, not even a mention or a photo. It is a 65 mile drive to my nearest dealer, for this reason I do a lot of shopping on line, at least he initial window shopping phase (saves multiple trips). Talking to several dealers I get conflicting information. I have the Kubota grill guard which hinges down and has the weight bracket with 4 bolt holes for securing the 55 lb. weights. Does anyone know who makes an after market weight, I read there is one made for the L2501, identical, at half the price. I'm in the North West.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
After 4 months of use with my new L2501, mowing, tilling, dragging logs, I've concluded I need a canopy and front end weights (no loader). I never thought it would be this diffcult buying accesories. I have called several dealerships and none of them have either in stock. Okay, so I'm willing to wait for said items to arrive, but first I would like to see a brochure or a description on one of Kubota's websites . There are no brochures, and nothing on 'build my tractor' or any other Kubota site, not even a mention or a photo. It is a 65 mile drive to my nearest dealer, for this reason I do a lot of shopping on line, at least he initial window shopping phase (saves multiple trips). Talking to several dealers I get conflicting information. I have the Kubota grill guard which hinges down and has the weight bracket with 4 bolt holes for securing the 55 lb. weights. Does anyone know who makes an after market weight, I read there is one made for the L2501, identical, at half the price. I'm in the North West.
Weights, canopies and such are not items that one should expect dealers to have onhand. You will need to order such items and pay list price and shipping, which is substantial, especially for cast iron weights.

Aftermarket weights for Kubota and other tractors are manufactured and sold by North States (and others). Again dealers will not have such onhand. North states ships weights free of charge if the order is 1,000 Lbs. or more. My dealer combines multiple customer (and stock) orders in order to reach 1,000 Lbs. No, North States does not sell directly to consumers.

I use the Kubota 5013, 55 Lb. weights on both my B3350 (with front weight bracket) and my L6060 (with or without front weight bracket). Yes, the grill guard will mount 4 5013 weights without a front weight bracket. Do yourself a favor and buy the (expensive) Kubota supplied weight bolts if you plan to install/remove the weights routinely.

SDT

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
I went through this same issue 3 years ago looking for front weights for a used 2011 L3200 that I purchased, I could not find another solution that was viable other than ordering them through my local dealer, I had to buy a front weight bracket to bolt onto my tractor first. My bracket holds 5 weights and my cost 2 years ago was $413 + tax for the 5 weights. The weights are needed to balance things out a bit.

Good luck in your search.

Service Reduced.jpg

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Weights, canopies and such are not items that one should expect dealers to have onhand. You will need to order such items and pay list price and shipping, which is substantial, especially for cast iron weights.

Aftermarket weights for Kubota and other tractors are manufactured and sold by North States (and others). Again dealers will not have such onhand. North states ships weights free of charge if the order is 1,000 Lbs. or more. My dealer combines multiple customer (and stock) orders in order to reach 1,000 Lbs. No, North States does not sell directly to consumers.

I use the Kubota 5013, 55 Lb. weights on both my B3350 (with front weight bracket) and my L6060 (with or without front weight bracket). Yes, the grill guard will mount 4 5013 weights without a front weight bracket. Do yourself a favor and buy the (expensive) Kubota supplied weight bolts if you plan to install/remove the weights routinely.

SDT
Are there part numbers for the weights? I could use some ballast for my 2WD.

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
It may be a regional thing, but my local Deere dealer always has weights in stock. Ive had more luck buying weights from the local dealer than shipping for obvious reasons. They have everything from 40 to 100 pounds in stock all the time (asked them because i made several trips for weights).

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Are there part numbers for the weights? I could use some ballast for my 2WD.
I no longer have the North States part number for their (less expensive) Kubota 5013 equivalent weights.

Any decent dealer should be able to help you with either Kubota or North States (others ?) part numbers, if they choose to do so.

SDT

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
from building L2501 under weights it looks like below is needed .. not sure though.
BL8069 weight
BL8049 bolt 1 per weight
MX8068 bracket
BL8014 Threaded rod

does owners manual show how they work in front ?

I've been looking at 3 for my B2601 , shipping is close to $100.00

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
hmm. have you considered having a local 'fab' shop makeup a carrier and weights ?? Heck, you could make a cast concrete weightbox while it's ON the tractor. My low teck solution was to weld a couple 1" bars to an angle iron, bolted to the front of the tractor. I slid 4, 25# 'barbell' weights on..tried it out, added 2 more, seemed OK...Yes It's not pretty or orange BUT does the JOB and for free. I've collected 100s of # of cast iron weights over the years( yard sales..free,take them away,kid lost interest...). To those that 'snicker', I say fine.. YOU go buy me the 'official' weights....they always shut up....

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
from building L2501 under weights it looks like below is needed .. not sure though.
BL8069 weight
BL8049 bolt 1 per weight
MX8068 bracket
BL8014 Threaded rod

does owners manual show how they work in front ?

I've been looking at 3 for my B2601 , shipping is close to $100.00

It should but not all such material is trustworthy.

Indeed, the Owner's Manual for my B3350 specifically states that three front weights can be mounted to the front frame without the need for a front weight weight bracket.

This is absolutely not true (but true of earlier, similar models).

Multiple contacts with various Kubota personnel over about two years have been unsuccessful regarding correcting this error and have demonstrated that such personnel are not concerned.

SDT

joe gargery

Equipment
Kubota L2501
Aug 14, 2020
Tyee
Yes, those part #'s for the 55lb. weights and bolt kit are the same numbers the Kubota dealership parts man gave me, but when I go to the Kubota website parts page and enter those numbers in the search bar it says 'nothing found', same with canopy, grill guard, floor mat, replacement seat, etc. It seems to me the source of my woes and apparently others' as well is Kubota's unwillingness to maintain a parts and accessories web page with full descriptions, photos and msrp. Is that asking too much for your customers Kubota? Are you listening?

wendol

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST
Feb 5, 2014
North Tx
When I was in need of weights/bracket, I found several on craigslist.
FWIW you can use "searchtempest.com" to search grouped areas of craigslist at one time.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Yes, those part #'s for the 55lb. weights and bolt kit are the same numbers the Kubota dealership parts man gave me, but when I go to the Kubota website parts page and enter those numbers in the search bar it says 'nothing found', same with canopy, grill guard, floor mat, replacement seat, etc. It seems to me the source of my woes and apparently others' as well is Kubota's unwillingness to maintain a parts and accessories web page with full descriptions, photos and msrp. Is that asking too much for your customers Kubota? Are you listening?
Weights are so-called "whole goods" items and are not available across the parts counter.

Must order from your tractor salesman.

SDT

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
The tractor salesman said that was a parts counter item and transfered me.
Not true for Kubota weights but true for aftermarket weights, e.g., North States. Perhaps true for the mounting bolts.

Many/most salesmen do not know and likely do not wish to be bothered because they will not make commission on such sales.

SDT

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
My local dealer had suit case weights (55lbs. ea) for $58 out the door while they were $79 - $99 + shipping on line. Sometimes it pays to shop local. OR - you could fabricate something from things you might have on hand - just sayin'. Before I got my weights I stacked up "tube sand" on my front end. It wasn't pretty, but it helped.

kaze

Premium Member

Equipment
Kubota B7000 Cub Cadet 1782 Cub Cadet 78D York Three point rake Woods RM 400 mo
I just used spacers to mount my Cub Cadet rear weight bracket on the front of my B7000
It will hold 5 john deer or Cub Cadet weights. It does not look great but works great. No
banging or slipping.

Attachments