Front end loader

Sammybd

Equipment
Loader backhoe
Nov 29, 2017
Fairview,Tn USA
Afternoon guys,

I Started moving my l2350DT around today and noticed my FEL purging a little . Sounds like it's coming from the pump.

I tried lifting the bucket and it's slow and purging while lifting and descending.

I checked the hydrolic fluid level in the site glass, it looks like it might be a little full.

Do you think it might have some air in the line
Or maybe drain a little fluid?

I only say this since I performed a fluid change while swapping out my tranny and clutch. Thanks in advance
SammyD

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Little over full is not going to cause you any operational issues.

What do you mean by "purging' ? :confused:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Your going to need to take a video of it and post it on You Tube and give us a link to see it. ;)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The pump is sucking air.
Stop running it, as you will destroy the pump.
Your's going to need to look at every connection of the suction line and look for leaks, cracks, holes, bad seal / O-rings.

Sammybd

Equipment
Loader backhoe
Nov 29, 2017
Fairview,Tn USA
The pump is sucking air.
Stop running it, as you will destroy the pump.
Your's going to need to look at every connection of the suction line and look for leaks, cracks, holes, bad seal / O-rings.
Ok. I might have Found the culprit. This is extremely damp. And it's leaking.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You could very well be right.
Drain the system and pull the entire line, and check all of it while you change the hose. ;)

Last edited:

Sammybd

Equipment
Loader backhoe
Nov 29, 2017
Fairview,Tn USA
Drain the system and pull the entire line, and check all of it while you change the hose. ;)
When I squeeze the hose i can see its satured with fluid so its seen it's better days.I'll thoroughly inspect the line while replacing that wore out hose . I hate those factory clamps so ill change them while I'm in there. Would you recommend draining all the fluid since I just changed it ?
Thank you again for your help.
SammyD

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
When I squeeze the hose i can see its satured with fluid so its seen it's better days.I'll thoroughly inspect the line while replacing that wore out hose . I hate those factory clamps so ill change them while I'm in there. Would you recommend draining all the fluid since I just changed it ?
Thank you again for your help.
SammyD

Just drain it into a clean container and reuse it.
I only think you need to drain it or I think it will pour out when you pull the hose off. You could try to pull the hose, just be prepared to catch any fluid that could come out.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I assumed that you had changed/cleaned the filter when you changed the hydraulic fluid, so you will need to drain all of it out.
And as Lance has pointed this out, it could very well be a major reason for your issues.

It's on the left side of the transmission (Kubota calls the rear end housing, the transmission), just in front of the axle housing.
It has a cover with 2 bolts holding it on.

Considering the filter is only ~$11 I would just change it and the O-ring
Filter P/N 34150-37710
O-ring P/N 04811-10320

Attachments

Last edited:

Sammybd

Equipment
Loader backhoe
Nov 29, 2017
Fairview,Tn USA
I assumed that you had changed/cleaned the filter when you changed the hydraulic fluid, so you will need to drain all of it out.
And as Lance has pointed this out, it could very well be a major reason for your issues.

It's on the left side of the transmission (Kubota calls the rear end housing, the transmission), just in front of the axle housing.
It has a cover with 2 bolts holding it on.

Thank you NIW

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
Those hose clamps provide constant tension and are very effective. Plus they don't need periodic tightening like conventional threaded hose clamps. That is why many automotive manufactures use some type of constant tension (spring loaded) hose clamps these days.

Sammybd

Equipment
Loader backhoe
Nov 29, 2017
Fairview,Tn USA
Those hose clamps provide constant tension and are very effective. Plus they don't need periodic tightening like conventional threaded hose clamps. That is why many automotive manufactures use some type of constant tension (spring loaded) hose clamps these days.
Filter is clean. Everything is tight and my FIL works fine.
Is there anything else I need to check?
Thanks for all your help and ideas
SammyD