Front end loader problem

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
If your 3pt is bypassing oil at the top of its stroke it will limit oil flow to the loader. Just move the 3pt down from the top position 2-3 inches and that will eliminate that potential problem. It likely is not the case but should be eliminated just in case.:D
My 3 pt is always at the top of it's stroke when I am out doing things, will have to see if it does it again. If it does I will lower the 3 pt and see if it helps. But wouldn't this effect both the arm and the bucket? Not just the arm?

seanbarr

Equipment
B7100DT (sold) - Branson 3520H
Feb 1, 2013
Deer Park, WA
I'm no expert but its easy to see that FEL's arms got much bigger back pressure than the bucket. You may be getting enough pressure that the bucket requires (little) but barely for the arms (lots) for the hydraulics to work with if it pans true of your 3 point being bypassed at the top position.

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
...Now the weird part, when it is running slow if I move the lever to corner positions (ie to dump and lift at the same time) the arm moves at normal speed. But when operating just the arm, it moves slow. ... Video ...
I guess it is the valve. If everything works fine and even the function is there, if you operate the valve with two directions, it looks to me, it is something in the valve. Let the dealer take a closer look inside and I believe they find something to fix!

Thanx for your invitation :rolleyes: I will let you know when we have figured out which route we will travel this time. I will do that trip with my wife, daughter (4), son (1) and my father. :) Looks like I have to collect some overtime to get 4 to 6 weeks off!!!!

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
I'm no expert but its easy to see that FEL's arms got much bigger back pressure than the bucket. You may be getting enough pressure that the bucket requires (little) but barely for the arms (lots) for the hydraulics to work with if it pans true of your 3 point being bypassed at the top position.
Thanks if it messes up again I will lower the 3pt and see if it helps.

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
I guess it is the valve. If everything works fine and even the function is there, if you operate the valve with two directions, it looks to me, it is something in the valve. Let the dealer take a closer look inside and I believe they find something to fix!

Thanx for your invitation :rolleyes: I will let you know when we have figured out which route we will travel this time. I will do that trip with my wife, daughter (4), son (1) and my father. :) Looks like I have to collect some overtime to get 4 to 6 weeks off!!!!
They are going to rebuild the valve for me next time I bring it in. It isn't under warranty, so I hope it doesn't cost too much.

Sounds good.

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
Finally got the problem with my loader figured out. The mechanic from the kubota shop came by today. The lift are for the loader was a little out of whack, and was allowing the three point hitch to come up to much. This was causing the 3 point hitch to bottom out instead of stopping. Which loaded the pump up. He adjusted the lever so that it does not let the 3pt come up to much. Working great now, he said I was lucky I did not burn out the pump. But it is working now and I am happy

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
Strange behavior. Interesting...

Happy to hear it's fixed and your way to independence can go on... :rolleyes:

carl

Vondelta

Equipment
MX5100
Mar 4, 2016
Athens
Thanks to everyone that posts on here. I had the exact same thing happen to me last week and this post alleviated my frustration by providing the answer!!!