Front Axle low on brand new BX2380

countryboy9799

Equipment
BX2380
May 23, 2020
MN
Hey guys, I just bought a new BX2380. I have 12 hours on it and pulled the dipstick on the front axle for the first time. I know I have some blame in it as does the dealer as it is not leaking.
I checked it today with the dipstick at a slight uphill angle and could not even see any so I leveled it and it is about 3/4" to 1" below the dipstick as I had to stick a screwdriver in to check that.

Just wondering if I did any damage and what route I should go with the dealer if any. My thoughts are since it at least had 75% it should be okay as I was only using 4WD for about 2 to 3 hours. I think my main concern would be the input shaft seal as that seems to be the highest point.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Everything still turns whether in 4WD or not. Just less likely load on the parts.

Best to fill to the proper level before using the tractor again.

Would also contact the dealer and ask how this could be, if he properly prepped the tractor before delivery.

countryboy9799

Equipment
BX2380
May 23, 2020
MN
I agree everything still turns but no load so that is good, plus most parts still had oil for sure so that is good. I just put 36 oz. of 80-90 in and it is half ways from the dipstick to the full mark so still have a little bit more till full.

Thanks

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
It had SUDT in it from the factory, I guess they will mix ok. I had that happen to me a few Kubota's ago. I had maybe a cup in the front axle on a 5030. Never checked it until 50 hours as that is a factory fill item.

No damage but I informed the dealer just in case.

rokhunter

Equipment
BX23S TLB
Dec 28, 2018
Baker, Florida, United States
This seems to be a common thing on the BX tractors. The front axle gets serviced, but trapped air throughout the axle eventually works it's way out through the first few hours of use (or maybe even transport in some cases), causing a low fluid reading. Top it off, check every 5-10 hours for a bit, and press.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

countryboy9799

Equipment
BX2380
May 23, 2020
MN
Thanks for the replies, After reading the manual, it looks like you are supposed to take the breather plugs out on each side. It's possible whoever filled it did not take those out, which would make it not fill properly.

dsims

Equipment
BX2380 60"Drive Over/SSQA Loader
Feb 23, 2019
Clear Lake, IA
Common on nearly every BX I've seen or heard about. It was factory filled and dealer checked, but after a few hours of use some air worked its way out. Same with the coolant as well, check it.