Front 3PT

animals45

Equipment
L3301l
Apr 22, 2021
Mabie CA
Hi there , I have a HST L3301 with a loader that has the quick release bucket . I have been looking for a front mount snow blower & found one today that the guy says it hooks up to a front 3PT . It get's it power from the rear pto & runs a driveshaft up to the front of the tractor . I have searched all over looking for a front 3pt for this tractor & keep getting a big zero . Is there such a thing available for my tractor ?
thanks & hope everyone has a safe & happy holiday season !!
animal

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
I've not seen a true front 3 PH on any small tractors. Front 3PH is very popular on big European tractors but they are slowly catching on in the U.S., especially in the hay business. There are front mounted blowers that run off the REAR PTO via a gearbox at the rear with the shaft housed in the support structure of the blower itself. They typically utilize some type of parallel linkage arms at the front of the tractor but fall short of being a true 3PH. Removal of the loader is required. These are usually sized for the bigger compacts. Erskine comes to mind but don't quote me on it.

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: with a loader that has the quick release bucket
If this is SSQA ( Skid Steer Quick Attach' style there are several SSQA/3PH adapters on the market.If not SSQA, not that hard to make one...a plate of steel with 3 mounts for the 3pt on the front, 4 mounts for the 'pin-on', loader side.

re: fmsnoblow. Did the seller ever have it on HIS tractor? If so WHAT make/model tractor did it come off ?

A few more pieces of the puzzle would help.

I have seen 'bodges' to get the rear 540 PTO to spin a blower up front using 4 sprockets and a long 'driveshaft' under the belly.

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
I was also about to comment on the front SSQA 3 pt adaptor plates, these are for use on skid steers not tractors. While it may fit on your tractor I would not suggest you mount a 500lb rear snow blower to your loader even if you could figure out how to run it.

For a L3301 I think you will end up running a rear mounted snow blower. I use a 60” WoodMaxx rear snow blower on my L3901, I have 2 sets of rear remotes so I operate the chute rotate and angle from my remotes. It handles anything that Michigan has given so far in snow. You just have to wrap up warm on these non cab tractors it still beats a shovel or a walk behind machine.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Smyth Welding in Canada has been making front mounted blowers driven from the rear pro.

Smyth

PTO gearbox fro front mounted .jpg

Smyth Welding front mount from rear pto.jpg

The blower used is a much heavier duty one than the typical Kubota front mounted blowers which are more like a walk behind style with a worm gear gearbox.

Dave

Reactions: 1 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
reL UPM comments.

I have SSQA on my BX23S and there are 'adapter plates' for it as SSQA is a standard. That's the main reason SSQA exists ,so that we can easily 'mix and match' implements to tractors.

I checked the spces at TD, at that tractor/loader can easily lift a 500# snowblower, so unsure why you advise against it. Pretty sure lots have moved heavier things like rocks, logs, bales, etc.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Hi there , I have a HST L3301 with a loader that has the quick release bucket . I have been looking for a front mount snow blower & found one today that the guy says it hooks up to a front 3PT . It get's it power from the rear pto & runs a driveshaft up to the front of the tractor . I have searched all over looking for a front 3pt for this tractor & keep getting a big zero . Is there such a thing available for my tractor ?
thanks & hope everyone has a safe & happy holiday season !!
animal
You bought the wrong machine if you want front snow blower. A L60 with mid PTO is what you want.

Sure you could buy a hydraulic front blower and a power pack for the 3PT...but after that $12k you might as well trade in your machine for a L60.

Also, front snow blowers and the mount are EXPENSIVE. The Kubota version is $10k. Anything else you get would need a subframe made specifically for your tractor. Kubota has the solution, so personally I would not try and get something aftermarket (if its even available).

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Smyth Welding in Canada has been making front mounted blowers driven from the rear pro.

Smyth

View attachment 72183

View attachment 72184

The blower used is a much heavier duty one than the typical Kubota front mounted blowers which are more like a walk behind style with a worm gear gearbox.

Dave
Wonder how long that takes to put on and take off? The front mount would be specific for each tractor as it attaches to the FEL mounts. I hope you have really smooth ground....you have less clearance than a 75 Monte Carlo with a full drop. That would not work where I live, but maybe for smaller machines it is a good option.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Some time ago a member posted about a complete front pto system made by Zuidberg.
Its pto connected to the engine crank with a clutch.
They claim its for tractors with 30+ horse power.
Very expensive.
Zuidberg

Zuidberg front pto.jpg

Dave

animals45

Equipment
L3301l
Apr 22, 2021
Mabie CA
I gave the Zudiburg a look , but their almost as much as I paid for my tractor . I'm going to try to send in a pic of the blower & you can see some of the mounts unfortunatly when the guy took th epic he left it sitting in the weeds. WOW I have to say this forum has teh easiest way to attach a pic of any of teh forums that I'm in . Thanks for that too
thanks
animal

Attachments

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
reL UPM comments.

I have SSQA on my BX23S and there are 'adapter plates' for it as SSQA is a standard. That's the main reason SSQA exists ,so that we can easily 'mix and match' implements to tractors.

I checked the spces at TD, at that tractor/loader can easily lift a 500# snowblower, so unsure why you advise against it. Pretty sure lots have moved heavier things like rocks, logs, bales, etc.
SSQA plates may be a standard but they are used by both compact tractors and skid steers / track loaders. The tractor FEL is a very different thing that the front lift arms on a track loader. Most implements are sized specifically for tractor or track loader use. There are many hydraulic powered implements that are SSQA mounted that are really just for track loader use due to weight or flow requirements.

I would suggest that a front SSQA 3pt adaptor plate is sold mainly for skid steer / track loader use. I guess 3 pt attachments such as a land leveler, rake or rear blade could all be used this way.

The concept of a SSQA adapter plate and a rear snow blower does not make sense, it puts the blower far too forward to be practically used, any uneven ground would result in too much vertical movement to make things unmanageable. The weight also shifts forward greatly reducing FEL load capacity, I would suggest that a L3301 would not lift a 120 lb adaptor plate with a 500 lb rear snow blower mounted on the loader, it's center of mass would be 36" or more from the pins. To travel with this load has a lot of potential for FEL damage. It's great to read the lift capacity on paper but there are many faxctors to consider such as how far forward the load is. The inertia from a bump could easily make the tractor totally unstable with a load weight very close to the tractor FEL capacity.

As seen above the solution is to always mount a front snow blower on a dedicated frame or mounts that are attached to the main tractor frame very close to the front of the tractor, none of these frames are carried by the FEL. Thanks to Dave for sharing the great solutions that people come up with.

Just trying to be practical hope the OP finds a good solution that works for them. The last photo above looks to be a real solution as it is frame mounted to the front of the tractor (not FEL) and is rear pto driven.

Last edited:

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
On YouTube there is a guy with a Kubota B2261 with a front PTO joyfully pushing around a flail mower. In the comments he states that the European B series tractors are offered with an optional front PTO . I would be very interested in this setup for myself. There are very expensive means by which a front mounted flail can be adapted to my B2601 that I cant justify. I commented on those findings here within the last year. I would love a front mounted mower and tiller. The guy on YouTube is in the "Low Countries" , an area and people renowned for their agricultural expertise. Lots of fancy equipment and techniques being exploited there.

Last edited:

animals45

Equipment
L3301l
Apr 22, 2021
Mabie CA
Yea , I watched that guys vid . We need to come up with something pretty soon . The guy with the blower that I posted the pic of doesn't seem to have any info on he blower . We're snowed in , hope to be out by Tuesday & then hope to get over to give the blower a look-see . So Dave_Eng how did that blower in your pics attach to the tractor ?
thanks for all the input
animal

Tim Horton

Mar 22, 2018
Lake Superior
At one time I had plans in my "good idea" notebook for a homemade cat 1 hitch to mount to the front of my old compact tractor... I had a front pto (1000 rpm) for that tractor but had not planned far enough ahead to use that at that time...

Kind of one step at a time, make the front 3pt work, then work on the pto option..

Sold that trator and have not got far enough with this current tractor to figure all that out again.. But will work on it..

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Yea , I watched that guys vid . We need to come up with something pretty soon . The guy with the blower that I posted the pic of doesn't seem to have any info on he blower . We're snowed in , hope to be out by Tuesday & then hope to get over to give the blower a look-see . So Dave_Eng how did that blower in your pics attach to the tractor ?
thanks for all the input
animal
Go to the Eskine web site. The blower in my pictures, the one in the weeds, they are all the same Erskine product.

Erskine

forum Erskine.jpg

The under tractor frame supporting the drive shaft is connected to the underside of the tractor to hold it up but the pushing forces are handled by the drive shaft frame connected to the 3 pt hitch arms.
Dave

Last edited: