Freeman loader for my L260

McRoth

Equipment
L260
May 22, 2018
Grafton, Ohio
I found a Freeman 2000 loader on Craigslist that I picked up yesterday, only $300! It came off of a Massey 31 he said. It was originally a trip bucket but they added a dump cylinder at some point.

I mocked it up tonight to see what kind of modifications I'll have to do to the mounts to get it to fit. From the look of it I'll have to cut them apart and almost totally rework them. Shouldn't be too much trouble though. I'm planning on attaching the front of the brackets to the forward set of bolt holes and attaching the rear tubes to the rear axle.

Eventually I think I'll add a grapple to it for brush piles. Also, has anyone ever made or seen a snow blade for a loader? Seems like it would be useful in the winter. I've got a front snow blade for my 2N, but it's manual other than using the 3PT to lift it. Planning on selling the N when I have the 260 all set up.

Any pointers or suggestions while I'm modifying the brackets?

Thanks,

Mike

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You are asking a whole lot from that tractor!

That's a very heavy industrial loader meant for a 70HP tractor.
I have my doubts it was actually made for a Massey 31, the trip bucket is way to old of a style.

Your going to need to add sub-frame to the middle of the tractor.
Your going to need to add a Hydraulic tank and a PTO pump as the hydraulic system on that model does not have enough to run a loader, nothing else would be logical on that model.

You're going to have a workout trying to steer that beast.
Also keep an eye on the front axle as you might be to front heavy and break parts.

Yes they make plows for loaders but I think it's going to be way too much for that loader/tractor to handle.

Last edited:

McRoth

Equipment
L260
May 22, 2018
Grafton, Ohio
I had a bad feeling that might be the case, the more I looked at it the more it seemed to be a little too big for the tractor. When I googled the loader I saw some on N and NAA tractors so I figured it was the right size. Could there have been smaller Freeman 2000 loaders?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sorry yes it's a smaller loader than what I was looking at, but it's still very heavy for that tractor.

With some rework you can possibly get it to fit, but like I said keep an eye on the front end.