Found: LA805 Loader

Robert Galka

Apr 30, 2019
Winnipeg
I'm looking for a LA805 loader and bucket. I don't need the mounting arms that bolt on to the tractor. I live near Winnipeg Manitoba in Canada. I have access to a business in North Dakota if you are in the US and willing to ship your loader. Probably not worth shipping though.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I'm looking for a LA805 loader and bucket. I don't need the mounting arms that bolt on to the tractor. I live near Winnipeg Manitoba in Canada. I have access to a business in North Dakota if you are in the US and willing to ship your loader. Probably not worth shipping though.
LTL truck shipping can be cost effective at times.
With North Dakota being just slightly below the Arctic Circle :ROFLMAO: , ......perhaps not.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Better Private Message OTT member DCM303, and see if having that LA805 loader shipped to ND would make economic sense.
Big plus: It is already in a crate!

Robert Galka

Apr 30, 2019
Winnipeg
I saw that one for sale, but shipping will be $1000.00 if he will even ship. I still have to drive a couple of hours each way to pick it up and pay fees to use the shipping facility. Then I have to import it in to Canada and pay another 12% on top of that.

If it was closer to me and in the same country, it would be a no brainer to buy it.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I saw that one for sale, but shipping will be $1000.00 if he will even ship. I still have to drive a couple of hours each way to pick it up and pay fees to use the shipping facility. Then I have to import it in to Canada and pay another 12% on top of that.

If it was closer to me and in the same country, it would be a no brainer to buy it.
$3500 (USD)= $5400 CAD, plus $1,000 shipping (CAD?) plus $650 import (disgusting) duty + facility fee + gas to- from ND.= more than $7,000 CAD ($5,100 USD)...... does seem a bit expensive.

Question: Do you believe that you will EVER find that specific USED loader at ANY price in Canada?
Used loaders are very difficult to find ANYWHERE!

Last edited:

Robert Galka

Apr 30, 2019
Winnipeg
Question: Do you believe that you will EVER find that specific USED loader at ANY price in Canada?
Used loaders are very difficult to find ANYWHERE!
Answer: No. I figured I would try anyway, but I know it's not going to happen. I rarely use a loader and my brother next door has a BX with a loader that I can borrow. If I really need some heavy loader work done I will just hire someone with a skid steer.

I'll probably break down and buy a new loader in the summer. I first have to get over my guilt of buying a new tractor, that usually takes a few weeks. I just bought the tractor yesterday and it is getting shipped here. It's a L4060 Cab model with a LA4479 front blower. It's replacing a John Deere 3720.

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Answer: No. I figured I would try anyway, but I know it's not going to happen. I rarely use a loader and my brother next door has a BX with a loader that I can borrow. If I really need some heavy loader work done I will just hire someone with a skid steer.

I'll probably break down and buy a new loader in the summer. I first have to get over my guilt of buying a new tractor, that usually takes a few weeks. I just bought the tractor yesterday and it is getting shipped here. It's a L4060 Cab model with a LA4479 front blower. It's replacing a John Deere 3720.
Congratulations!
I am absolutely certain that you will LOVE you new 4060
Kubota tractors are truly first class.

The CA tax & duty issue has always disgusted me!
We are border sharing, economic trading partners.... WTF?

I had a Summer home on the coast of Nova Scotia until 2019, so I certainly do understand your tax pain.
NS has 15% HST, as you probably know.
For some years PEI had it even worse. NO HST, but instead did Provincial tax upon mother Canada tax.
Tax upon a tax!

It is just a shame that there is not some cost effective way to get that used loader to you.
I towed a cargo trailer, each season, and sometimes brought things for my NS friends (for "my use"...at the border)

I had two tractors repainted in NS.
When I returned to the US with one of them, it was denied ferry boarding, as being "commercial equipment", though it had not been "commercial equipment" coming into NS.
KRAZZIE !!!!

May your purchase guilt pass quickly, and may you find a loader very soon!
Good luck!