FLOAT positions

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
Deer season's over so I got back to reality and sorted mine out and discovered I just wasn't pushing my stick hard enough to the right so it didn't work "properly" after a quick call to the outstanding dealer mechanic.

Since mine wasn't a problem until I added the loader and had to switch my cables around with eservs advice to correct it, I'm now with Tmac60 in not liking the way it turns right AT ALL. Haven't had to use it yet since we haven't got enough snow to need to, but if it works like I think it's going to
I'm going to switch it back to my original configuration for blowing snow. The way it was before I could swing it either way without effort and most importantly it was easy to control it precisely. I understand fully why it has the detent/float to the right, which is to release/dump the pressure off so that it allows it to go all the way around in that right direction. It's that momentary point that you hit the "float" that it dumps the fluid so it can continue moving rather than have a "hydralic lock" which causes it to stop.

The way it is now I just have that creepy feeling I'm going to make it turn to far when going beyond the dump off point because of the effort and cause some damage like blowing a window out of the house or a vehicle because that detent stickyness made me push to hard and therefor to far. I liked the slick easy control I've had the past 2 winters that allowed me nearly pinpoint control in very tight quarters without an incidence of damage at all.
Tired

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
The way it is now I just have that creepy feeling I'm going to make it turn to far when going beyond the dump off point because of the effort and cause some damage like blowing a window out of the house or a vehicle because that detent stickyness made me push to hard and therefor to far. I liked the slick easy control I've had the past 2 winters that allowed me nearly pinpoint control in very tight quarters without an incidence of damage at all.
Tired[/QUOTE]

Provided you can get it to operate the rotator in the full right position then it is working properly. They all are working that way and I haven't heard anyone complain about not being manageable. If you change it you'll lose float on the blower lift and that is undesirable
Ed