First workout with the BX2370

gulfmp

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, 54" mmm, BX 5450, Box blade
Dec 23, 2016
Central MA
Until yesterday my only action with my BX has been snow removal, which has been stellar. Yesterday was my maiden voyage for yard work with the BX.
I am clearing some land from what can only be called a rock garden. I have to say I am totally impressed with the power of what this machine is capable of! I had rocks that looked no bigger than bricks above ground that turned out to be 400 pound monsters. I dug out these out with relative ease. Some were too big to lift but I was able to dozer them far enough out of my way.
I am sad that I didn't go with the BX 25 though. I thought some of my rocks would be too big for a BX 25, so I figured I would not be able to move them. Now that I know what I can do with just the bucket, I'm sure a backhoe could have been used. It was very frustrating trying to pick up small rocks in small holes with a bucket. A backhoe would have come in handy for these smaller tasks.
Only had one "Oh Sh*t" moment when I rolled into a soft spot with the rear tire and almost tipped over. If the rock in the bucket shifted I would have been on the side for sure.
My turf tires were adequate for the task, but I would had an easier time with R4's, and felt more confident about not getting a flat.

BravoXray

Equipment
BX-25D, Ford 9N, Bobcat 825. Too many implements to list
Feb 6, 2014
Lake Winola,PA.
They are amazing machines. I always keep my hand on the joystick if I have anything in the bucket so that I can lower it quickly if need be, for just the situation that you described. Just getting the bucket in contact with the ground might be enough to catch the tractor from going over.
I'm glad your getting to use your tractor without the white stuff, I enjoy playing in the dirt a lot more than snow.

Jerry