First attempt

08quadram

Equipment
bx2350d; Taylor Way 48" tiller; Farm King 50" snow blower
Apr 28, 2014
strawberry point, ia
Made this this afternoon. Got tired of hooking the tiller up every time I needed counter weight. Bought the 3 point attachment to pull my 8' utility trailer around the yard. I plan on leaving it on unless I need to use something else. Was going to be concrete, but i have sand bags from the truck every winter. So I wanted some weight I can back under raise the 3 point and away I go. I basically used all scraps from the garage a couple of years ago. I have some mods already I'm going to do. Cut down the verticals for one. I have one more bag to put on. Total 480 lbs of sand. It sits pretty good, but working on a way to "lock" it in place better. I'm going to make a frame to set it on when not using. High enough to get under it.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
So it doesn't hook to the 3 point directly, but sits on top of the trailer hauler? Seems good to me. And 480 lbs is not nothing, that's for dang sure.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I like the idea of using off season ballast from your truck. Myself, i would box in that frame and cover bags. 1 to keep water off 2 to keep sun off and 3 to protect from puncture. With a lid, yo then have a place to carry tools you strap on.

08quadram

Equipment
bx2350d; Taylor Way 48" tiller; Farm King 50" snow blower
Apr 28, 2014
strawberry point, ia
This will set inside when not in use so I'm not too worried about the water and sun. I will probably add to it. I actually uses the ball to support the rear it the box. With stands I can just back up, lower 3 point and drive away.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk