Finding a pto engagement electrical connector for mx5400hst

Motate455

Equipment
Kubota MX 5400, hydro
Oct 11, 2023
Kentucky
The plug that goes into the side of my transmission (I think) that sends the electrical signal for the pto to engage has had the wire come out. I pushed the pin back into the connector and plugged it in and it worked for awhile but then came out again.
No luck with Kubota or Messicks on getting or figuring out the connector, it is on the end of the rear wiring harness

I’m sure it is a standard connector, anyone have ideas? I want to buy one with the wire installed so I can splice it in Kubota wants $1350 for a full harness

included pics if someone recognizes it, about 1” long for reference.
Thanks for any suggestions!

Attachments

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
If no one comes through with a source show it to an auto parts store specializing in Asian built cars and trucks.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Try talking to these people about identity and replacing it

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
The plug that goes into the side of my transmission (I think) that sends the electrical signal for the pto to engage has had the wire come out. I pushed the pin back into the connector and plugged it in and it worked for awhile but then came out again.
No luck with Kubota or Messicks on getting or figuring out the connector, it is on the end of the rear wiring harness

I’m sure it is a standard connector, anyone have ideas? I want to buy one with the wire installed so I can splice it in Kubota wants $1350 for a full harness

included pics if someone recognizes it, about 1” long for reference.
Thanks for any suggestions!
I think I would try a drop of giue on that pin.

Dan

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
Try talking to these people about identity and replacing it

Saaaay that site is worth saving , (y) Russel.

Motate455

Equipment
Kubota MX 5400, hydro
Oct 11, 2023
Kentucky
Wow, thanks for the great replies. I think I’ll take a picture of the terminal on the wire first so I have what I need to try and track one down on that site, and then glue it in there to try to make it work. I think the terminal is still on the wire

if I find anything besides super gluing it I will post here what it is

Motate455

Equipment
Kubota MX 5400, hydro
Oct 11, 2023
Kentucky
Wow, hat tip to Dustball! Thanks for that investigative work…I will see if I can find one now, much easier with part numbers (at least usually)

daredevil1166

Mar 10, 2024
Oregon
Kubota part number for your connector should be HHT1K-91103.
Should be readily available for any dealer to order from the mother ship.
They should also be able to look up a photo of the part so you can verify.
It sure looks the same to me.

Motate455

Equipment
Kubota MX 5400, hydro
Oct 11, 2023
Kentucky
Kubota part number for your connector should be HHT1K-91103.
Should be readily available for any dealer to order from the mother ship.
They should also be able to look up a photo of the part so you can verify.
It sure looks the same to me.
I will call them in the morning and see…all the places I found it for sale on line didn’t have a picture to Look at

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
Is it my imagination or has there been a recent uptick in owners coming here after being hosed or attempted hosing by dealers?

daredevil1166

Mar 10, 2024
Oregon
Is it my imagination or has there been a recent uptick in owners coming here after being hosed or attempted hosing by dealers?
I think that's just how things are these days. Way OT but in my opinion it has everything to do with money.
For many reasons working a parts counter(or really most dealer jobs except sales) doesn't pay diddly so it's not a viable career option.
From what I've seen the most knowledgeable, capable, and motivated people move on to something else.
To be fair the repair connectors for harnesses is a fairly recent thing. So if the OP did see a dealer directly they wouldn't know unless they were keeping up on bulletins.
I just roll with the times. If I go somewhere for parts, I walk in with part numbers. Thankfully that info is available publicly for most things if you take the time to look.
My advice to anyone is to buy equipment based on the dealer. Any color tractor you get will have its quirks and issues, and a great dealer makes all the difference. Shop for a dealer as much as you shop for the tractor.

Motate455

Equipment
Kubota MX 5400, hydro
Oct 11, 2023
Kentucky
We have two Kubota dealers near me, one tries to be helpful and one is useless. The useless one literally had me come around the counter and look for the part in the drawer myself because he said I knew more than him.

The useful one could only sell me a $1300 harness…they did look at connectors in their repair kit to see if they had one but no luck.

I go to that dealer mainly because they have a mechanic who has been working on them for decades so he is not just a parts replacer.

I have found your point at auto parts store too. I try to go in with the part number and tell them that’s what I want. I have had them tell me they don’t have the part when they search with my model and year etc, then I say what about part number x and they’ll be “ yes, we have that”. I used their app to find the part number

Thanks again for the huge help here in finding the part number

Wayne G

Equipment
MX5400
Mar 31, 2024
Jefferson TX
Took me a while, finally found it. The problem is that I'm not sure you can find a vendor for it.

Furukawa UW02F-B
View attachment 124977
Dustball, you saved the day! I have the same problem and have been trying to figure out ways to fix this. Kubota should stock this retainer with about a 6 in. pigtail. The weakest part of this setup is hte wiring where it's crimped to the terminal.

Motate455

Equipment
Kubota MX 5400, hydro
Oct 11, 2023
Kentucky
Had my first failure on this…saw the picture at Kubota and ordered it online from Bahrns equipment and it was not right.

Of course it was 100% my fault because I mistakenly ordered hht1A-91103 instead of hht1K-91103

I ordered the right part now and they allowed me to return the wrong ones, I just get to pay a stupid tax by paying to ship them back, they didn’t hit me with a restocking fee.

Wayne G

Equipment
MX5400
Mar 31, 2024
Jefferson TX
So part #HHT1K-91103
Had my first failure on this…saw the picture at Kubota and ordered it online from Bahrns equipment and it was not right.

Of course it was 100% my fault because I mistakenly ordered hht1A-91103 instead of hht1K-91103

I ordered the right part now and they allowed me to return the wrong ones, I just get to pay a stupid tax by paying to ship them back, they didn’t hit me with a restocking fee.
So the part you ordered is the entire wiring harness or just the pigtail connector that plugs into the PTO solenoid?