Finally....

beaterboss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901, LA525-FEL, BMLX-3164 3pt Blower, 72" Coteck Sno Pusher, 60" Box Blade
Feb 20, 2017
St.Francois,New Brunswick. Canada
Well, after over a week of waiting, my New L3901 finally arrived. It is a major difference from my 2501. Runs smoother and much quieter with POWER. I am still a tad confused with the whole DPF thing, but from reading here, I see that higher RPM's help drastically. The Owners Manual seems a little confusing with the procedures and explanations.

My understanding is to run at higher engine speed, which I did for the 1.3 hours I used it yesterday. What is nice, is that the engine is quieter at 2200 RPM than my 2501 was at 1500 RPM. The engine is also VERY smooth, and I like that alot.

I certainly hope I have better luck with this 3901 than I did with my 2501. I found my 2501 to be a disappointment to say the least. Not much dealer support exacerbated the issue further, where I didn't even want it in my yard anymore. Hoping for many years of faithful and reliable service with my new tractor.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
In case you haven't already seen the two stickies at the top of Tracter Operating, this one has a link in the first post to what new L01 users should know and helps to explain the regen directions in the manuals.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28108

Good luck with your new tractor. People don't usually have any troubles as long as they pay attention to the lights and follow directions! :)

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
you just lucked out & got a bad 2501 from reading your other threads...

it happens.

but you will like the bigger power at the PTO a lot better.

if only they put the 39HP set up on the 25/2601 frames!

havent heard anything bad from people who have 3901's... its all about how much yard damage you get vs the heavier workload.

beaterboss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 20, 2017
Thanks sheepfarmer..I appreciate the link. I know the DPF should be fairly seamless from what I read from others on here. Light blinks, speed up the engine and keep on working. I am going to read this tomorrow since I will have the time. Once again thanks ;)

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Congrats man. Wish you better luck on this one.

beaterboss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 20, 2017
Well......As my luck would have it, my new 3901 seems to be following the same path as the 2501. After running 2.3 hours, I noticed a major oil leak in the front of the tractor. It would appear that one of the coolers in front of the radiator is leaking profusely. So, tractor will be down for repairs until the mechanic can come check it out. Not starting off real well for my new tractor.

I understand that with any piece of equipment, problems can arise, so I'm not giving up hope on my 3901. It's just a little insulting and discouraging to say the least. I don't want to touch the tractor due to warranty issues that could arise down the road, so I will wait for them to show up. Dealer said he would call back in 5 minutes.......that translates into 3 or 4 days most likely. I'm not holding my breath until then.

virginiavenom

Jan 30, 2015
Sherman, TX
you have quite possibly the worst luck with equipment or a horrendous dealer or both.
I've had my 4060 for 2 years now, have hundreds of hours on it now. I abuse the snot out of this thing, I don't run high RPMs, in fact, it idles most of the time when I'm not mowing or tilling unless I need a little more for loader work.....I had a minor problem with a grease zerk and my dealer had a tech out to replace it in about 2 hours....they are 45 minutes away.

beaterboss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 20, 2017
you have quite possibly the worst luck with equipment or a horrendous dealer or both.
I've had my 4060 for 2 years now, have hundreds of hours on it now. I abuse the snot out of this thing, I don't run high RPMs, in fact, it idles most of the time when I'm not mowing or tilling unless I need a little more for loader work.....I had a minor problem with a grease zerk and my dealer had a tech out to replace it in about 2 hours....they are 45 minutes away.
Well, you are awfully lucky in that respect. I had an 05 Mahindra 2015, that I put 780 hours on in 18 months...Never had to tighten a bolt. Didn't abuse the tractor but certainly worked it. I am leaning more towards the dealer issue at this point.

It's funny, but after over a week of waiting, and being blown off by the dealer about delivering my Kubota, I decided to have my Wife call them. (I released the Kraken)...Tractor was here 2 hours later. Mess with the Bull and you get the horns....LOL!!! But in all seriousness, this is getting aggravating.

Also we were at the hospital today for my Mother in Law so I wasnt here when they came over. SOMEBODY came from the looks of things, but no note, message on the phone, no calls, nada, zip, zero..So I have no idea if the problem is rectified. UGH..

Last edited:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Beaterboss, I am guessing that the leak is coming from a fuel cooler which at least on mine is in front of the radiator. Should be easy to fix for them, but as part of the fuel supply to the common rail, and therefore under warranty for 5 years, you are right to leave it to them..I sure hope their track record at fixing stuff improves....

beaterboss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 20, 2017
Beaterboss, I am guessing that the leak is coming from a fuel cooler which at least on mine is in front of the radiator. Should be easy to fix for them, but as part of the fuel supply to the common rail, and therefore under warranty for 5 years, you are right to leave it to them..I sure hope their track record at fixing stuff improves....
Me too !! I went to see them this morning since I was in the area. I guess it was the transmission cooler line that was not tightened properly. Thats what they told me. But still...I mean, on a new piece of equipment? Their excuse was that the Japs who assemble these tractors at the factory, only "Finger Tight" most stuff. (I didn't even bother getting into Dealer Pre-Delivery Inspections....I didn't want to stay that long and argue.)

KennysNewFarm

Equipment
MX5800
Dec 28, 2017
Missouri
Me too !! I went to see them this morning since I was in the area. I guess it was the transmission cooler line that was not tightened properly. Thats what they told me. But still...I mean, on a new piece of equipment? Their excuse was that the Japs who assemble these tractors at the factory, only "Finger Tight" most stuff. (I didn't even bother getting into Dealer Pre-Delivery Inspections....I didn't want to stay that long and argue.)
"A good dealership will not place blame but will take ownership of the product they sell." That's my motto. :) Someone needs to put this dealer in check. :eek:

If I blamed everyone else my customers wouldn't ever call me back. I take pride in my work and when I leave a job I want to know I did all I could do and the product is repaired right the first time.