Fimco Sprayer - Low Pressure

DavyW

Equipment
BX2370, Z422 and L2501
Aug 29, 2016
Newport, NC, USA
I have a 25 gallon Fimco sprayer that is approximately 5 years old and I only use it a 3-4 times a year. I store it inside and always rinse it out after each use. Now for the problem.... It recently lost pumping pressure... It has always held 60 lb psi and when spraying would drop to 40 but now it will only pump to 40 and drop to 10-15 when spraying... I have checked and cleaned all lines and filters and replaced check value in pump... I have also connected to a water hose and it pumped to 60 and dropped to 40 when spraying. Any ideas on what to check next?

Motion

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5100HST/FEL
Aug 17, 2020
Mandeville Louisiana
You didn't say but I assume it's battery powered because of the gallon size. The pump head plate seals may have swelled and is affecting performance. Even with good rinsing some chemicals can cause damage over time and liquid is still sitting in the pump. Most sprayers are made up using various manufacturers pieces and parts, get the pumps model / serial numbers and purchase a rebuilding kit.

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
1) Electrical connections from pump to battery.

2) Pump itself. Tractor Supply has replacements.

3) Not a cause, but sounds like time to check the nozzles for wear and clogging.

This will probably get moved to attachments forum.

JerryMT

Equipment
Kubota M4500, NH TD95D,Ford 4610
Jun 17, 2017
The Palouse - North Idaho
I have a 25 gallon Fimco sprayer that is approximately 5 years old and I only use it a 3-4 times a year. I store it inside and always rinse it out after each use. Now for the problem.... It recently lost pumping pressure... It has always held 60 lb psi and when spraying would drop to 40 but now it will only pump to 40 and drop to 10-15 when spraying... I have checked and cleaned all lines and filters and replaced check value in pump... I have also connected to a water hose and it pumped to 60 and dropped to 40 when spraying. Any ideas on what to check next?
You either have a leak or a stuck open relief valve, or....
Conncting it to a water hose means you deliver fluid to the pump under pressure from the hose so that is not a good test.

Does your pump have a relief valve on it or is there a relief valve in the circuit to the nozzle(s)? The relief valve could be leaking or it is stuck partially open.
Does your shutoff valve leak?
Is it a diaphragm pump?

Last edited:

DavyW

Equipment
BX2370, Z422 and L2501
Aug 29, 2016
Newport, NC, USA
Thanks for the replies and suggestions.... Yes it is battery operated and electrical connections are good.... I don't think it has a relief valve the shut off value does not leak. I think I will go with the rebuild idea and see if that corrects the problem... Thanks again for the assistance