Filters

Old fart

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 10, 2019
Elk, Wa.
Getting ready for my 50 hour service. Amazon has various maintenance kits, but no OEM that I can find. Question : I see a kit that appears to be good quality, but is listed for the BX2370 model. I have a 2380. Don’t they take the same filters?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Getting ready for my 50 hour service. Amazon has various maintenance kits, but no OEM that I can find. Question : I see a kit that appears to be good quality, but is listed for the BX2370 model. I have a 2380. Don’t they take the same filters?
I personally would avoid them, get OEM filters.
You can order OEM filters from Messicks, Or coleman Equipment.
The ~$10 you would have saved with aftermarket is not worth it! ;)

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
I saw the messiks video a while back where they compared the OEM Kubota oil filter to three Napa oil filters, Silver, gold and a platinum level napa filter......The OEM kubota filter had a MUCH larger filter element in it than all 3 of the napa filters. It was a big difference. The platinum filter form napa also cost more. I decided then that I would stick with OEM when it comes time to do my first maintenance.

JohnDB

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4500DT
Jun 9, 2018
NZ
Ummm, it appears to be good quality? Beware cheap knock-offs. Listen to the Wolfman.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Interesting that my local dealer is cheaper than online after you figure in shipping and tax, basically my final cost. add to that, the parts guy lives near me and we meet up about two miles from my house (saving me the 50 mile round trip) makes it a no brainer. I also make a point to 'have stock of fast moving items'. Filters, SUDT-2, Rotella, pins and such.
If I had to make an expensive purchase, some of these online places might be cheaper but, I'd give my local guy a chance to OTD price match. Real close, I'll support my local guy. If we do not support them, they might not be around come time for a new tractor or an emergency part run.

Old fart

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 10, 2019
Elk, Wa.
I found an OEM filter kit and Kubota Oil on Amazon. A trip to my dealer is about a two hour round trip plus fuel. Amazon is a great resource for those of us that live so far out. The OEM filter kit on Amazon lists that it is for a BX2370. I went ahead and ordered it as others had said it was the same for the 2380, hence my original question.

BruceP

Equipment
G5200H
Aug 7, 2016
Richmond, Vermont, USA
Many of those so-called "kits" contain sub-standard filters to lower the cost. They may substitute "oil filters" for the hydraulic system.

Although many "oil filters" may look the same and screw right in... they are NOT intended to filter hydraulic fluid.

Most hydraulic fluid filters are much finer micron rating than oil filters.

Given the expense of hydraulic components... I would NOT compromise on the filters.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Many of the filter kits on Ebay or Amazon show all the filters needed for a particular model tractor, but when you read the details they often include filters make by other manufactures. Be sure you're buying what you think you are buying.

Fido Farms

Equipment
L3901, 35 Massey, Summit X 146, Polaris 700 RMK, Yamaha Viking
May 27, 2018
Canada
Its funny on this forum when it comes to oil and filters that so many will spend thousands to buy the equipment and then cheap out to keep that equipment maintained? The cheapest part of the whole purchase and they whine aver a few bucks. Unbelievable.

Old fart

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 10, 2019
Elk, Wa.
Well, if any of you read my last post, I found an OEM kit on Amazon. The filters say Kubota on them and the oil is Kubota. I think the machine will survive just fine....... thanks.