Filter cost

Joebd5

Equipment
ZD-221 B2320
Jan 8, 2012
St. Peters MO. USA
I got tired of paying the high cost of Kubota filters so I tried Auto Zone and Advance Auto parts. Their employees were either too lazy or incompetent to cross reference Kubota part numbers, so I went to my local NAPA Auto parts.In 5 minutes I walked out with new air filters, fuel filter, and oil filter. Total savings over Kubota was $37.00. The only filter I couldn't get was mthe hydro transmission filter.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
NAPA carries parts for anything and everydamnthing. From passanger cars and trucks to big rigs and commerical vehicals and supprisingly enough alot of parts for farm tractors. All you need is a part number and they can cross it over.

Joebd5

Equipment
ZD-221 B2320
Jan 8, 2012
St. Peters MO. USA
Thanks Sam, your right about Fleet Filter. The Kubota outer air filter was $42.00 at my Kubota dealer, $24.99 at my local NAPA store, and $14.99 at Fleet. The Fleet freight charge is almost offset by not having to pay sales tax.

Sam427

Equipment
L3410 GST, FEL, Bush Hog, Box Scrape, Spreader
Nov 6, 2009
Snellville, Ga. USA
Thanks Sam, your right about Fleet Filter. The Kubota outer air filter was $42.00 at my Kubota dealer, $24.99 at my local NAPA store, and $14.99 at Fleet. The Fleet freight charge is almost offset by not having to pay sales tax.
They give even deeper discounts if you buy quantity, I usually buy $200 worth for my tractor, mower, and vehicles to last a while and get an even better deal.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Ya all know there are different quality of filters, right.:confused:
Usually get what ya pay for.:D

YEAH my thoughts are exact, you get what you pay for and cheaper is not always better. I've always had good luck with NAPA brand goodies and I'll drive past several other big box stores just to head to NAPA. Another place I do frequent is Federated Auto. I have both their numbers saved in my cell phone and I'll call and compare parts between the two, sometimes NAPA is cheaper, sometimes Federated Auto is cheaper.

Sam427

Equipment
Nov 6, 2009
Snellville, Ga. USA
Ya all know there are different quality of filters, right.:confused:
Usually get what ya pay for.:D
Are you saying Napa Gold filters aren't any good? That is what you get at Fleet Filter. Been using Napa Gold and Wix filters for a long time, never once had an issue with either, that's over 30 years now.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Are you saying Napa Gold filters aren't any good? That is what you get at Fleet Filter. Been using Napa Gold and Wix filters for a long time, never once had an issue with either, that's over 30 years now.
How would you ever know if you got a bad one?

avi8tor

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800DT, BX2380, RTV X900
Mar 14, 2010
Cleveland, Alabama
eserv - good point. How many guys actually inspect their oil filters for failure analyze the filters performance through the life of the filter. I am usually very thorough when inspecting the filters as well as the oil that came out. I am usually very detailed when it comes to maintenance, but haven't thought about anyone else being the same. I have seen paper filters fail before they were due to be changed, just never thought about any one else as being as picky as I am.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
eserv - good point. How many guys actually inspect their oil filters for failure analyze the filters performance through the life of the filter. I am usually very thorough when inspecting the filters as well as the oil that came out. I am usually very detailed when it comes to maintenance, but haven't thought about anyone else being the same. I have seen paper filters fail before they were due to be changed, just never thought about any one else as being as picky as I am.
even when you do all that you still don't know till it's to late. The other problem is, how do you know that the most expensive one is any better than the cheapest? I don't like to criticize my beloved Kubota but the filters we sell now are built in Mexico by who? I don't know! probably the cheapest bidder!

Sam427

Equipment
Nov 6, 2009
Snellville, Ga. USA
You are not alone!