Ferguson 2-14 plow - single use :(

Toyman

Equipment
B7100HST, 1630, 4' Tiller, 4' Rotary Mower; M4050 (SOLD) Woods Cadet 84
Apr 15, 2019
Pittsburgh
So I finally got my M4050 loaded up and delivered to my farm. Had a 2 acre food plot cut (reclaimed) and ready for plowing. Tried to till it a few weeks ago with my B7100 and new Countyline 4' tiller, but after 25+ years untouched it was a bit much for the little tractor. When I bought the M4050 I got a Ferguson 2-14 plow in good shape and complete. Hooked it up on saturday, set it up and started plowing. The first third of the field was a bit rocky but the tractor & plow were working well. Did one pass away from where I started and headed back. About 2/3 of the way back I hit a decent sized rock. Kept going, but wasn't plowing as well. Got back to the beginning and started setting up for the furrow. Adjusted the top link, but didn't have enough?? Stood back and looked and noticed the problem. Before and after pics below along with a delivery pic. 60+- year old plow ruined in 1 pass :(. Plan C or D for next weekend. Going to try to rototill on Saturday with the M4050 in the area with less rocks and probably going to pick up a set of discs in the near future along with trying to untangle the carnage with a torch & hammer.
plow after.jpg
plow before.jpg
M4050 farm.jpg

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
bummer... gotta be some big, UGLY rocks in there....
good news, 1/2 dozen bolts ...and the mounts will come off, to 'tweak' them a bit
there's NO way I'd run my tiller in that ground.
A set of discs sounds good(extra weight on the rears),but not too aggressive on the 1st couple of passes. I'd run N-S then E-W couple of times to chew and level the gardens