FEL not level with BX2380

BillSz

Jan 2, 2019
Northfield, Mn
I am just curious if there is a level of tolerance regarding FEL not being level with the tractor. Ever since I have owned my tractor I noticed that when putting the bucket down the right side would touch the ground first. I also noticed the same thing when putting various attachments on the FEL that the left side of the quick attach would contact first and then the right. The difference is about 3/8". I assumed this was the way it was supposed to be until speaking with a neighbor who informed me that his skid steer was level. Does anyone know if what I am experiencing is normal for the 2380 FEL?
Thank you for your help,
Bill

atitus

Equipment
BX1880+FEL,MMM,Blower
Feb 11, 2019
Worcester, MA
Hi Bill, same exact thing happens with mine. The right side touches first. It started doing that not too long after I got it, after I had some trouble taking the loader on/off. I am pretty sure that I tweaked something.

dalola

Equipment
BX2380 w/FEL & Woods RM48 RFM, Yazoo/Kees Max2 ZTR
Jun 30, 2017
Ohio
It *should* be level, but there are numerous reasons why it may not be.

If you still have warranty, might consider letting your dealer have a look, since you mention it's been this way from the beginning.

Either way, I wouldn't be overly concerned about a 3/8" delta. Assuming you can R&R with no issues?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I am just curious if there is a level of tolerance regarding FEL not being level with the tractor. Ever since I have owned my tractor I noticed that when putting the bucket down the right side would touch the ground first. I also noticed the same thing when putting various attachments on the FEL that the left side of the quick attach would contact first and then the right. The difference is about 3/8". I assumed this was the way it was supposed to be until speaking with a neighbor who informed me that his skid steer was level. Does anyone know if what I am experiencing is normal for the 2380 FEL?
Thank you for your help,
Bill
Just asking.....

All your tires "inflated" to the correct psi? Check that first......has been know to screw the front end up, specially the rears ;)

BillSz

Jan 2, 2019
Northfield, Mn
Thank you everyone for writing. I have rechecked the tire pressure and they are spot on. I received the tractor in January and did not think anything of the discrepancy until I spoke with someone with a skid steer. Turns out that skid steers use a much closer tolerance and mounting bracket than a utility tractor. After speaking with my dealer he said it would be hard to prove that I did not do something to the FEL which I find disappointing but understand. After speaking with a service tech I asked what the tolerance is for the FEL and he said he didn't know but would research it for me. In the meantime he suggested a more accurate way to measure for discrepancies. I have never taken off the FEL but am going to do so tomorrow to see if that affects it.

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado
If you financed, you have KTAC insurance. And if you really did do something to it, that would cover accidental damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BillSz

Jan 2, 2019
Northfield, Mn
I do not have the KTAC insurance. I looked through my paperwork and it appears an application sheet was in the documentation but I do not remember discussing it. The only other insurance I have would be homeowners but I am not sure that would apply.
With that in mind, the KTAC sounds like a good value but I am interested in learning of other's experiences and insights.
I posted a new topic under the service category but would welcome any thoughts on the matter.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
To be "sure" if your homeowners covers your tractor...call your agent... it's that simple.
Mine does.

Charlie5320

Equipment
BX2670
Jan 8, 2018
Springfield, IL.
My home owners ONLY covers the tractor when ON my property. Does NOT cover anything if the tractor is NOT on the property, mowing the ditch no insurance. Taking to the dealer, no insurance. Have to buy a separate rider if I want it insured all the time.