FEL measurements

shua57

Equipment
B8200
May 17, 2010
Brodhead, Ky
I'm looking for some measurements for a FEL that I want to build for my B8200. I'm a designer for a engineering firm plus a classic car restorer who does his own fabrication so the experience of custom fabbing is there:D. My main question is the angle between the horizontal tubing along the hood to the angled vertical tubing down to the bucket. Is it a determined angle? Is it relative to the distance in front of the tractor? What determines the angle?

Thanks
Josh

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
GO to Cad Plans and purchase yourself a set of blueprints for a loader. There are so many different brands of FEL's out here its hard to give you measurements because each loader is slightly different from another.

www.cadplans.com

dem45133

Mar 21, 2010
Hillsboro, OH
Cool. I don't know what the originator of this thread will do. But I'd heard of CADplans once before but didn't get a chance to visit. I'm pretty sure they will be getting a fel plans order from me for my B6100HST 4x4. Lots of other neat stuff too...including backhoe for CAT 1 3point.

Dave

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Head over to the gallery section up top and look threw the albums. Theres a fellow on there who built a loader from the Cadplans blue prints for his B6000. He has several photos of his loader and I must say it looks quite nice.

shua57

Equipment
B8200
May 17, 2010
Brodhead, Ky
I was able to start my design with a side picture of a B8200 with a BF300A FEL. I inserted the picture into Autocad and began laying out the different pieces. Now it's just a matter of getting the thicknesses and final adjustments of my drawings. Hopefully I'll start the fabricating soon.
Josh