FEL Line connections

frysl

Equipment
L3301 LA525 FEL & FDR1672 6' Finish Mower
Jun 13, 2016
Sumner County, TN
Yesterday I removed the FEL to go out an mow the back yard. When I hooked it back up a few hours later, a couple of the quick disconnects were very tough to get back hooked up, like they still had pressure in the lines.
I did move the loader control left/right/up/down several times prior to disconnecting, but did notice that the bucket was still a bit in the dump position when I backed away.
Is it possible that since the bucket was not flat to the surface it still had a bit of residual pressure making it tough to connect?
Steve

kckndrgn

Equipment
BX2370 w/ 60" MMM and FEL, Box Blade, Bush Hog, Carry All & Tiller
Mar 17, 2016
Somerville, TN
Yes, and if the FEL was sitting the sun the warmed up FEL can have a little pressure build up.
I've had a couple of issues reconnecting mine, usually using a brass punch on the FEL connector to remove the pressure. Since there may still be lots of pressure, use this method with caution.

Reactions: 1 user

Fender5803

Equipment
L3901 LA525 BH77; LP 1860 rotory cutter; LP 1060 grapple; forks & bucket
Aug 9, 2015
Henniker, NH
Yes, and if the FEL was sitting the sun the warmed up FEL can have a little pressure build up.
I've had a couple of issues reconnecting mine, usually using a brass punch on the FEL connector to remove the pressure. Since there may still be lots of pressure, use this method with caution.
Put a rag over the connection when you tap it. I'm glad I had glasses on when I did it once ...

countrynerd

Equipment
BX25D, L3301
Jun 6, 2016
thumb, MI, USA
I push into another connector (not correct one) which worked for me a few times to relief pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk