FEL Grommet

LeeBo337

Sep 2, 2014
Jones, OK
I'm still getting to know my Kubota 7510 and the other day I noticed (what appeared to be) Lucas Red & Tacky Grease on the floor, under the FEL. However, I also noticed the grommet on the hydraulic was midway up the arm, rather than seated.

Anyway, how big of a headache is it to replace the grommet? Can it be re-seated? Would hydraulic fluid look like that on the floor? It very well may be Red & Tacky Grease from the hinge and the displaced grommet is coincidental. Any insight / comments are much appreciated. I'm somewhat handy, but this is my first tractor to own.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
First it's not hydraulic fluid, it's grease, hydraulic fluid is the same consistency as motor oil.
Now as far as the grommet, it's not a grommet, it's an O-ring, and dealing with it is really easy, take a knife and cut it off! :eek:
It's left over from when they painted the loader cylinders, it keep the paint off of the wiper seal on the cylinder. ;)

Last edited:

Technical Ted

Equipment
L3560/cab LA805 loader LandPride RCF2060 rotary cutter, HLA hyd angle snow blade
Jul 2, 2016
Dansville NY
That's good to hear! I noticed the same on the FEL for my L3560 and wondered what they were for since they didn't appear to have come out of the end of the cylinder and served no purpose.

Ted

LeeBo337

Sep 2, 2014
Jones, OK
Thanks Wolfman! It looked like grease to me but seemed odd since I didn't grease it on my last outing and it lined up with the O ring. Not only is it my first tractor, but definitely my first ownership of anything with hydraulics.

Good to know about the O-rings, and thanks for reminding me they aren't grommets LOL, which I know but could not for the life of me remember the name.

Regardless, I appreciate the help and feedback from you guys.

Koopster

Equipment
2015 BX 25D
Jun 9, 2015
Heart's Content
That is good to know:) I noticed one on my FEL the other day and could not for the life of me figure out what it was for. These forums are a lifesaver. thanks guys.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk