FEL Do you leave it on all the time

brianc

Dec 1, 2011
Los Angeles,CA
Since the new tractors have FEL's that detach quickly, do users actually
take them of and put them back on as needed? Is it as quick to do as the marketing leads? Taking off looks easy, aligning and getting it back on???

Would you mow with the FEL attached? Discing Plowing?
How about just removing the bucket?

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I used to take my loader off every time I had to mow, till, ect. It was really in the way doing mowing just because the bucket was sticking out so far. I bought a QA when I got my forks. Now I just drop the bucket and leave the loader on the tractor. Even though the loader does come off very easy it's way more user friendly to just drop the bucket.

Rusty46

Equipment
B7500 HSD-R, LA 302, RCK60-24B, Woods RB-72, Millcreek 25, Harrow, Payne PF800,
... do users actually take them of and put them back on as needed? ...Would you mow with the FEL attached?...
brianc;40308 - I take my FEL on/off as needed, but for me that is not too often. It is on now for snow removal (w/rear blade). It will come off in the spring for mowing. During the summer it is off unless needed for a particular task, and then back off. I will mow wide open spaces such as the pasture w/FEL on, but not the lawn, as there are too many things to hit (house, trees, mailbox, railings, attachments, vehicles, fences). I do not have a quick-attach bucket.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Depends on the tractor and what I am doing. The FEL goes on and off the 5030, sometimes on the 2660 and rarely on the 8540.

Kingcreek

Equipment
Grand L3010 GST 4wd, LA481FEL, various attachments and accessories
Aug 3, 2011
NW Illinois
I leave it on. I'm always needing it for something, lifting the oxy,acet torch set or the generator into or out of the truck, moving a bucket load of dirt or sand, turning compost, etc. I'm going to convert to a quick attach bucket someday though, probably when I get a set of forks.

kevindsingleton

Equipment
B2930
Jul 20, 2010
Enon Valley, PA
I take mine off for mowing, more often than not. Removing and replacing is very easy, unless you don't bleed off all the pressure when removing, and then leave the loader sitting in the hot sun! The pressure wouldn't let me re-attach the hoses until it cooled down in the evening. Otherwise, it's a piece of cake, and makes the little guy much more maneuverable.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
I take mine off for mowing, more often than not. Removing and replacing is very easy, unless you don't bleed off all the pressure when removing, and then leave the loader sitting in the hot sun! The pressure wouldn't let me re-attach the hoses until it cooled down in the evening. Otherwise, it's a piece of cake, and makes the little guy much more maneuverable.
We just relieve the pressure on ours if it gets hot and it goes right on.

TGReaper

Equipment
BX2200
Sep 28, 2010
Canada
Because I do not mow with the Kabota mine stays on all the time. With a rear mount Snow blower, a rear mount blade and always something to lift or move I can not imagine having it off.
TGR

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
Mine comes off when mowing. 5 minute job. So much nicer and maneuverable.

I just rebuilt the front end on our old L3750, never had the FEL off and many years of the added weight wasn't too good on the front end.

UWAdventurer

Equipment
Kubota L3400 w/FEL & Woods 7500 backhoe
May 24, 2011
Coatesville, IN
I never take mine off. Never know when I will need it, so I don't want to take the time to mess with it. I use it frequently though.

avi8tor

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800DT, BX2380, RTV X900
Mar 14, 2010
Cleveland, Alabama
I have taken it off, but I leave it on. I mow quite a bit. I used the bucket instead of a wheel barrow in working around the yard. It also helps as a counterbalance when using heavier implements on the back such as my bushog and disc.