FEL bracket bolt problem

chartersj

Equipment
L245dt
Oct 25, 2018
New brunswick, Canada
I have 3 more braces made and welded to the existing sub frame. One more on the bottom and one on either side of the bell housing which gives me 6 more bolts(when I get the right size). Once I get the right bolts I'm going to put the cab back on, then I can fab braces to the rear axle to the cab mounts and that should be much better then it has been for a long time. Here is what I did ( before I painted them)

Attachments

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Looking good. I sent you a bunch of pic of the subframe and braces on mine. There are two braces to the rear and two from the tops of the tower to the front of the tractor. Legal me know if you need more/better pics.

chartersj

Equipment
L245dt
Oct 25, 2018
New brunswick, Canada
Looking good. I sent you a bunch of pic of the subframe and braces on mine. There are two braces to the rear and two from the tops of the tower to the front of the tractor. Legal me know if you need more/better pics.
Yep I got them. Much appreciated!! Judging by your pictures I think I'm on the right track. It already seems much stiffer. I can't believe this tractor was put together that way from what I can tell was a long time ago. I think it is either a '77 or '78 because numerically the serial number is less then others I have seen that knew the year theirs was made.

chartersj

Equipment
L245dt
Oct 25, 2018
New brunswick, Canada
Chartersj, now you're cooking with gas and oil! A 1000 times better than before.
Thanks! I hope so,,,all that was holding it together when I picked it up was the front loader mounts and the rear cab mounts as the back of the loader arms were welded (very poorly) to the front of the cab, and the 2 bolts to hold the the sub frame to the bottom where missing.

Coming in late here, but I have a 1979 L245DT with the factory loader. I have the loader manual if it will help you.
Yes....by any chance does the manual say what size bolts are used for the brackets on either side of the bell housing? I am quite sure they are 14mm but not sure on thread pitch. Tried 1.25 and that wasn't it. must be 1.5 or 1.75

Milo Holroyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 L245DT w/1700 FEL, 2003 L3130 HST,w/ LA723 loader,,and L2174A snowblower
Went out to the shop and retreived the Model L1700 Parts and Owner Manual.
Unfortunatly it does not conatain any of the information on the actual bracketry mounted to the tractor. I'll take some pics and post here if you think that will help?

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L5450, L48, L3250, L345 never enough attachments
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
I have 3 more braces made and welded to the existing sub frame. One more on the bottom and one on either side of the bell housing which gives me 6 more bolts(when I get the right size). Once I get the right bolts I'm going to put the cab back on, then I can fab braces to the rear axle to the cab mounts and that should be much better then it has been for a long time. Here is what I did ( before I painted them)
Great job!! When its done you can make a reasonable run at a pile with no worries!! Good doing - Dick B

chartersj

Equipment
L245dt
Oct 25, 2018
New brunswick, Canada
Went out to the shop and retreived the Model L1700 Parts and Owner Manual.
Unfortunatly it does not conatain any of the information on the actual bracketry mounted to the tractor. I'll take some pics and post here if you think that will help?
I have the new brackets welded on now so if I could just find the right bolts I can finish it up, But thanks for looking into that for me

Great job!! When its done you can make a reasonable run at a pile with no worries!! Good doing - Dick B
Thanks!