FEL and Backhoe operation…

wwiifan

Equipment
2017 BX23S
Jul 13, 2017
Salina, Kansas
When operating your backhoe on your BX23S…How do you all orient your FEL bucket? I’ve seen it two ways.

Method “1” You place the bottom of the FEL bucket flat on the ground and lift the front tractor tires off the ground a bit.
Method “2” You curl the FEL bucket all way out(dump) and place the cutting edge on the ground.

Method “2” makes me think there is a high probability of damaging the FEL bucket curl cylinder or the loader frame?

Your thoughts…???

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
I set the bucket flat on the ground, lock it in 4wd, set the parking brake, and lower the stabilizers without lifting the tires off the ground. Leaving the tires on the ground helps stop the tractor from being dragged backwards when digging with the backhoe.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I set the bucket flat on the ground, lock it in 4wd, set the parking brake, and lower the stabilizers without lifting the tires off the ground. Leaving the tires on the ground helps stop the tractor from being dragged backwards when digging with the backhoe.
Same way I do it.

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
I don't always go to 4WD and lock the brake, depends on the situation. But yeah, same as far as dropping the bucket flat on the ground and I do not lift the front wheels up at all.