Farm King tiller repair

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Helping my neighbor with bearing replacement.
Who can offer advice on removal of tiller shaft?
Cannot tell if that is a snap ring on the left - or a castle nut on the right....
can you take more pictures, up close? wipe down the grease and take another?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Pic attached
Looking at that, based on that picture, it seems that there must be a "nut" on the OTHER side of that, on the other side of the tiller? Or is there a pin that is holding it in place somewhere on the underside???

Look under the tines, is there ANYTHING that can be unbolted, set screw, cotter type pin anything on the shaft that would allow that to side out? Or on the entire other side of the housing?

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
That looks a lot like my BEFCO tiller. I put new bearings in a couple of years back. If I can remember correctly
Remove chain tensioner- remove snap ring on top sprocket- now both sprockets and chain slide off as a unit. The lower shaft has a bearing held in by some bolts and retaining cups on both sides of the metal end plate. Remove the bolts holding the cup to the bearing. Pull cup then bearing from shaft. Now remove complete drive side of tiller. (The metal plate that encloses the drive side)
Now go to the other side of the shaft and the bearing will have the same retaining cups. remove the bolts and the shaft should come out with the bearing still on the shaft.
Hope you can understand my instructions.
Hope this helps.