Factory MX rear remote issues.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I see now. I thought the cabbed models had some type of push/pull cable to operate the valve from lever movement. I'm guessing the inside just has some rubber shielding where the lever comes into cab?
Exactly! Rubber boots/gaskets that tend to rip and fail. I plan on making my own heavier duty boots this year out of some rubber sheet or inner tube material.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Exactly! Rubber boots/gaskets that tend to rip and fail. I plan on making my own heavier duty boots this year out of some rubber sheet or inner tube material.
Silicone sheets work really well for things like that, and the cold does not make them stiff.

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Silicone sheets work really well for things like that, and the cold does not make them stiff.
Great suggestion. I'll look into that. The boot for the 4WD lever ripped within a couple of weeks of use! I think it was frozen to the lever and the bond between the lever and boot was stronger than the bond between the atoms in the rubber boot. :mad:

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I ran the MX on Sunday when it was 40F and all of the remotes worked immediately with the float lever locking into float mode without issue. So it's definitely temperature related, and the work around is to hold off on using two of the remotes until the transmission has had a chance to thoroughly warm up. I don't often need to adjust the chute deflector, but I would like to put the hydraulic side link in float mode before I head down the driveway but that might be unrealistic when it's 10F out.

Thanks for the ideas and comments. I consider this issue to be resolved.

dvcochran

Equipment
Kubota M9000, New Holland TN90, Deere 2640, Vermeer 504N, Vermeer 504SI, more
Feb 23, 2011
Dickson, TN
I checked the couplers and valves this morning as the tractor was warming up and all looks good, but that's good advice for sure. I try to start with the simplest solution and escalate from there.
The best troubleshooting for connectors is to swap hoses and see if the problem goes with the hoses or stays with the connector. Then, if you want to be thorough, physically swap the connector from valve to valve and see if the problem follows the connectors.