Excited & Upset about new B3300SU

ihfr

Equipment
b3300su w/loader & backhoe
Jun 27, 2014
Barrington, IL
Need to do a little venting here-

Was excited to receive my new B3300SU w/loader and backhoe earlier this week. It took two months from the time it was ordered- the backhoe was back ordered (not kidding)- so I was REALLY excited. Has been sitting in the garage for the last three days (except for a few trips up and down the drive to show off). Took it out after work this evening to move a few loads of mulch- noticed as I was backing into the garage when finished- a few nice ("beater car") sized oil leak spots where it had been previously parked. Looked under the tractor and found a wet area (oil clinging) to a small rectangular shaped cover/plate towards the rear. Appears to be trans/hydro fluid. WTF? Total tractor hours: 2.4 and I believe it came with one hour already on it. Needless to say will be contacting the dealer tomorrow- oh yeah, on a Saturday with the independence day holiday coming up. I've got high hopes.

Is this the biggest problem in the world? Of course not, I realize that. But c'mon... feel like I'm back in the '70's when I bought a new Buick. Kindly either talk me- or push me- off the ledge.

Thanks

buckaroo52

Equipment
Kubota L 3800 DT
Jun 5, 2013
Molalla, Oregon
Maybe just something that was over filled or spilled, I'd call the dealer and see if they can send somebody out to look at it, could be a very simple fix. Either way, with two and a half hours on it they should bust their ass to find the problem. Have them bring a trailer with him just in case.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Heck of a way to ruin a great tractor day. That is a really nice tractor! I'm sure they will make it right.
I'd call and leave a message or email with the dealer and maybe Kubota service, take a picture or two, and go ahead and use it for the weekend.

ihfr

Equipment
Jun 27, 2014
Barrington, IL
Thanks guys. Think I just needed some "man" comforting- Left a message with my salesman this morning to let him know. Didn't expect to reach him- apparently in the tractor business sales is only Mon-Fri?! Called the dealer- are picking it up Monday morning and appear to be responsive- (which is all I ask). I know things happen in every venue. It's the manner in which an issue gets resolved- i.e. customer service, is what it boils down to.

I should convey kudos to my salesman in that when it was known there was going to be a delay in delivery- they provided me (free of charge) the use of a new L series tractor with a loader, for a few days- so I could move the four truck loads of mulch that were in my driveway. That was damn nice of them. Although getting a taste of that tractor may lead to possible future marriage difficulties for me.

I'll post the conclusion and (hopefully) happy ending to this story next week.

The_Al

Equipment
L3540, Heavy duty FEL, 9' bachoe, Brush hog, 72" grappler
Jul 19, 2013
MA
Thanks guys. Think I just needed some "man" comforting- Left a message with my salesman this morning to let him know. Didn't expect to reach him- apparently in the tractor business sales is only Mon-Fri?! Called the dealer- are picking it up Monday morning and appear to be responsive- (which is all I ask). I know things happen in every venue. It's the manner in which an issue gets resolved- i.e. customer service, is what it boils down to.

I should convey kudos to my salesman in that when it was known there was going to be a delay in delivery- they provided me (free of charge) the use of a new L series tractor with a loader, for a few days- so I could move the four truck loads of mulch that were in my driveway. That was damn nice of them. Although getting a taste of that tractor may lead to possible future marriage difficulties for me.

I'll post the conclusion and (hopefully) happy ending to this story next week.
I had a similar thing happen with my L series after I received it. Large leak on the floor. For me it actually was just a loose hose under the plate, which I was happy about. Good luck

ihfr

Equipment
Jun 27, 2014
Barrington, IL
Got the tractor back on 7/2. The leaks were related to the installation of the loader and backhoe attachments- a small pan at the rear near the backhoe was not sealed properly- was also mentioned that "longer screws" should have been used- apparently to accommodate the attachments for the backhoe (??). Bottom line- no leaks. I'm happy now, right? I WANT to be. But the swivel seat is no longer locking into position at either the loader or backhoe position. Another WTF! To be continued...

ihfr

Equipment
Jun 27, 2014
Barrington, IL
I think I'm finished bitching... Had a few minutes this afternoon and took a look at the seat. The locking mechanism has an adjustment nut at the end of the threaded rod where it attaches to the pull handle. Appears that the nut wasn't sufficiently tightened which resulted in the rod loosening and the hook not fully engaging the bar(s). 30 second adjustment and the seat now locks. Dealer service dept. needs to get it together- OK- now I'm finished.
Thanks for listening

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
If you have ever visited an automobile production line, you can see why these things happen. Doing the same thing all day can get boring and minds wander. Same goes for auto servicing at dealers. I finally don't use any dealers any more for any of my truck - car servicing. Latest one was after changing front differential oil the drain plug was left hand tight. Fancy front office guys depend on the grunts, but these things are hard to stop. However, I've noticed farm equipment shops - dealers seem (mostly) to be more dependable. Such as noticing low pressure in your trailer tire. Construction equipment shops again both types. Do it yourself when possible. Even self employed mechanics can miss something as when the phone rings, not final torquing disk brake securing pins. Ain't life interesting? I wonder if the
Amish have these troubles with their horses and carriages?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I think I'm finished bitching... Had a few minutes this afternoon and took a look at the seat. The locking mechanism has an adjustment nut at the end of the threaded rod where it attaches to the pull handle. Appears that the nut wasn't sufficiently tightened which resulted in the rod loosening and the hook not fully engaging the bar(s). 30 second adjustment and the seat now locks. Dealer service dept. needs to get it together- OK- now I'm finished.
Thanks for listening

I feel your pain on the seat problem - on my new BX last year the first time I tried to flip the seat around, I COULD NOT DO IT - whatever lever was there, I could not find.....anyway - stupid is as stupid does, like everything in life, look and ye shall find, Now of course it is old hat, sometimes when flipping it back to the front it will not lock down, but that is simple to push into place.

Dont beat yourself up on your new tractor, best get all the kinks out now, sometimes it is good to have a few small things to keep you on your toes, plus this way the dealer might have to "owe you one" when needed down the road! Best of luck and enjoy - you will find thing to do that you never thought of before !:D