Everything Attachments - Bankrupt?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Check out Anbo; maybe give them a call if they look good to your eye. It's fun to check out the pictures of the enormous ones they make for big machines if nothing else.
Those Anbo grapples look very average to me. The top lids looks under built and I don't like the lack of a center hinge. Everything about them seems basic with little if any evidence of "going above and beyond" and adding strength where it's needed. The weight isn't too bad at 348lb for the model you chose. No doubt it'll work for you because most people seem to be ok with whichever model they bought.

Every time I see a grapple from myriad manufacturers, the demise of Everything Attachments stings a little more. I still haven't seen a grapple that's equivalent or better than the Wicked line that EA used to make.

Reactions: 2 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Those Anbo grapples look very average to me. The top lids looks under built and I don't like the lack of a center hinge. Everything about them seems basic with little if any evidence of "going above and beyond" and adding strength where it's needed. The weight isn't too bad at 348lb for the model you chose. No doubt it'll work for you because most people seem to be ok with whichever model they bought.

Every time I see a grapple from myriad manufacturers, the demise of Everything Attachments stings a little more. I still haven't seen a grapple that's equivalent or better than the Wicked line that EA used to make.
I heard that…honestly that whole situation has me very skeptical / rattled / untrusting about buying something like that on line again (implements in general). Yes there is chance for better price / choice online. But brick and mortar has on lot you know it’s there and know what getting. Is LP perfect, nope. But if it’s on on the lot or I don’t pay until pick up and thats not all bad even if a little more money…just less selection.

i feel very fortunate that I got my grapple (and other implements) just before the bottom fell out of EA…and now its ‘Limited Edition’.

I’ve been trolling the auction sites and I just can’t process the prices stuff goes for….i am very discouraged by that. Might as well buy new unless you can somehow time it right when no one else bidding…finding a unicorn not so easy though. At some point you can only be patient trying to find used/deal for so long and have to come to terms to pay the piper. At the moment I am not sure I am ready to try buy online for an implement yet. But clock is ticking I have some some new chores coming up. ☕

Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I heard that…honestly that whole situation has me very skeptical / rattled / untrusting about buying something like that on line again (implements in general). Yes there is chance for better price / choice online. But brick and mortar has on lot you know it’s there and know what getting. Is LP perfect, nope. But if it’s on on the lot or I don’t pay until pick up and thats not all bad even if a little more money…just less selection.

i feel very fortunate that I got my grapple (and other implements) just before the bottom fell out of EA…and now its ‘Limited Edition’.

I’ve been trolling the auction sites and I just can’t process the prices stuff goes for….i am very discouraged by that. Might as well buy new unless you can somehow time it right when no one else bidding…finding a unicorn not so easy though. At some point you can only be patient trying to find used/deal for so long and have to come to terms to pay the piper. At the moment I am not sure I am ready to try buy online for an implement yet. But clock is ticking I have some some new chores coming up. ☕
I buy nearly EVERYTHING on line!
What is the risk?
Don't like it.....send it back!
PayPal, or credit card itself, will protect you, as long as you are within buy/return parameters.

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I'm a fan of Land Pride implements having owned many and still own many and as you're probably aware just purchased a LP folding cutter. But I've also bought a number of implements online including a grapple, box blade, land leveler, toothbar and suitcase weights from Everything Attachments, and a Del Morino flail from Good Works Tractor Co. I would have no problem ordering from Courtney at GWTC, Homestead, IronCraft or Dirt Dog.

I've also bought a lot of Land Pride implements from the local dealer as well as quite a few locally via Craigslist. I've got some great deals on Craigslist.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I'm a fan of Land Pride implements having owned many and still own many and as you're probably aware just purchased a LP folding cutter. But I've also bought a number of implements online including a grapple, box blade, land leveler, toothbar and suitcase weights from Everything Attachments, and a Del Morino flail from Good Works Tractor Co. I would have no problem ordering from Courtney at GWTC, Homestead, IronCraft or Dirt Dog.

I've also bought a lot of Land Pride implements from the local dealer as well as quite a few locally via Craigslist. I've got some great deals on Craigslist.
Congrats on the folding cutter! I am happy with all my LP implements too. But LP doesn’t have near the depth of coverage of implements / chores as what EA had. LP seems to have more of the commonly used implements (I am sure they know what they are doing why not peddling the low volume specialty stuff).

At least for me, I chose EA on select garden implements as I thought they were a better product than what I can get local at TSC…my local TSC store doesn’t even have a bedder (potato plow, grapple) which is one of EA items I chose. All limited Editions now😉.

I have a really good friend with a green machine (most likely he was abused in his formative years😉), jokes aside, he is same situation (untrusting high dollar implement/attachments purchase online items not in stock and company across country) and he now prices Frontier at the green dealer and just recently he is swallowing his pride and started shopping LP at orange dealer as both can be had at brick and mortar local to us.

For the remaining items I have in near term budget plan, I may step up into an even pricier product available at local tractor lots / implement sales…ie. Brillion has some pretty nice (pretty pricey for a hobbiest) stuff and available in sizes to fit stuff as small as compact tractors. Bush Hog brand seems to be pretty widely distributed through dealers, but there too there is some price increase involved when not taking the direct to customer plan by the smaller online sales (ie. EA or Homestead or wherever…they have good stuff and take the dealer out of it…but the price savings also includes some risk to an individual).

Maybe my future buy strategy will be ag implement tourism where we will take our vacation on routes that pass some smaller manufactures of implements and I’ll bring a souvenir(s) home. Spousal unit does that with wine and shoes, so maybe that strategy would work with implements? 🥶

• Haha

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Congrats on the folding cutter! I am happy with all my LP implements too. But LP doesn’t have near the depth of coverage of implements / chores as what EA had. LP seems to have more of the commonly used implements (I am sure they know what they are doing why not peddling the low volume specialty stuff).

At least for me, I chose EA on select garden implements as I thought they were a better product than what I can get local at TSC…my local TSC store doesn’t even have a bedder (potato plow, grapple) which is one of EA items I chose. All limited Editions now😉.

I have a really good friend with a green machine (most likely he was abused in his formative years😉), jokes aside, he is same situation (untrusting high dollar implement/attachments purchase online items not in stock and company across country) and he now prices Frontier at the green dealer and just recently he is swallowing his pride and started shopping LP at orange dealer as both can be had at brick and mortar local to us.

For the remaining items I have in near term budget plan, I may step up into an even pricier product available at local tractor lots / implement sales…ie. Brillion has some pretty nice (pretty pricey for a hobbiest) stuff and available in sizes to fit stuff as small as compact tractors. Bush Hog brand seems to be pretty widely distributed through dealers, but there too there is some price increase involved when not taking the direct to customer plan by the smaller online sales (ie. EA or Homestead or wherever…they have good stuff and take the dealer out of it…but the price savings also includes some risk to an individual).

Maybe my future buy strategy will be ag implement tourism where we will take our vacation on routes that pass some smaller manufactures of implements and I’ll bring a souvenir(s) home. Spousal unit does that with wine and shoes, so maybe that strategy would work with implements? 🥶
"shoes" ???
I wonder what the 10 year resale value is on used shoes?

• Haha

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
"shoes" ???
I wonder what the 10 year resale value is on used shoes?
Don’t get me started. 😂 Although truth be told folks younger than me seem to collect trade and sell sneakers/shoes…I sure don’t understand it…but there is value to some. It’s mind boggling when you see the prices people pay. There is some sort of market / sub culture…but I bet those aren’t what’s getting stocked in our closet.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Don’t get me started. 😂 Although truth be told folks younger than me seem to collect trade and sell sneakers/shoes…I sure don’t understand it…but there is value to some. It’s mind boggling when you see the prices people pay. There is some sort of market / sub culture…but I bet those aren’t what’s getting stocked in our closet.
Shoes/clothing/etc. are particularly painful for me.
In my working life, I saw what some of these items can really be bought for in Asia,...... where they are made.
Some USA markups should really be illegal!

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2380; R4 tires; 54" MMM; FEL w Pirahna bar; Ballast Box; BXpanded skid plate.
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
Shoes/clothing/etc. are particularly painful for me.
In my working life, I saw what some of these items can really be bought for in Asia,...... where they are made.
Some USA markups should really be illegal!
Yeah, like Air Jordans for US$11.00 in Korea or Adidas for US$8.50. This was back in the 80s.

biketopia

Equipment
B2650, RK 60" BB, 42" tiller, 72" LP FM, Forks, Grapple, FEL
Feb 15, 2024
Warrenton VA
There's a thread going on about these and the owner has joined in on the conversation. I have one of their land plane's and I'm very happy with the quality, price, and availability.

Yotekiller

Equipment
Kubota L2502, LP 60" BB, LP pallet forks, 60" KK Tiller, 55" HSI root grapple
Sep 29, 2023
Southern Indiana
Does anyone know if these Homestead grapples are built with zerks on all wear points?
I see no mention of same in the Homestead literature.

I am scheduled to get my Pinnacle series in a couple weeks. I plan to do a video on it showing welds, and it's overall construction....

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
There's a thread going on about these and the owner has joined in on the conversation. I have one of their land plane's and I'm very happy with the quality, price, and availability.

I've been following the Catawba thread and it's good to see a company like them enter into the fray. I would like to see them make some videos of their products being tested. Ted was unique in this regard and EA's transparency in everything but their finances was exemplary.

I have yet to see any other manufacturer show their products being abused the way that EA did. If Catawba could do something similar it'd go a long way to convincing potential customers of the quality and durability of their implements. There are a lot of implement manufacturers out their, and many customers will pick price over quality, but there's a strong market for quality equipment.

MountainMeadows

Equipment
L2501, JD 655, Ford 841, JD 6x4 Gator, Gravely 432.
Jun 6, 2022
Poconos, PA
I've been following the Catawba thread and it's good to see a company like them enter into the fray. I would like to see them make some videos of their products being tested. Ted was unique in this regard and EA's transparency in everything but their finances was exemplary.

I have yet to see any other manufacturer show their products being abused the way that EA did. If Catawba could do something similar it'd go a long way to convincing potential customers of the quality and durability of their implements. There are a lot of implement manufacturers out their, and many customers will pick price over quality, but there's a strong market for quality equipment.
Sounds like a job for Peanut!

• Haha

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I am scheduled to get my Pinnacle series in a couple weeks. I plan to do a video on it showing welds, and it's overall construction....
It'll be interesting to see how it compares to the Wicked 55 or Wicked 60. I've yet to see any company offering a 400lb 60" grapple that has a top lid built like EA versions. There are three sets of two parallel plates that are about 4" apart with gussets between them and all with grease points, and stiffening plates. This makes the lid very strong, even with a lateral load.

I don't see that level of build in the Homestead grapples. The Homestead lid uses a single steel plate at each end of the grapple. I'm not saying that Homestead grapples aren't a good product, just that there are some differences in the designs that might be important in real-world use.

ea_wicked_60_29.jpg

Last edited:

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Would you like me to bury it? :unsure: I'll be the last one to let you down.

• Haha

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: I have yet to see any other manufacturer show their products being abused the way that EA did.

That's because you're NOT supposed to ABUSE any kind of equipment ! Just because they did it, doesn't mean you should do it.......:)

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
re: I have yet to see any other manufacturer show their products being abused the way that EA did.

That's because you're NOT supposed to ABUSE any kind of equipment ! Just because they did it, doesn't mean you should do it.......:)
love 'em, or hate 'em,.....EA made very high quality products.

Reactions: 3 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA

This is true, but I think you're missing the point. I believe by showing the equipment can withstand abuse, the point is that it should be very serviceable in the long-term under normal use.

Not that it matters much if it all since the lights went out for EA.

Just my take on it…

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
This is true, but I think you're missing the point. I believe by showing the equipment can withstand abuse, the point is that it should be very serviceable in the long-term under normal use.

Not that it matters much if it all since the lights went out for EA.

Just my take on it…
He is missing the point. 😂

dilbert.jpg

• Haha