Everything Attachments - Bankrupt?

Vince1230

Equipment
Bx2370
May 13, 2022
Honey Grove,Pa
Checked paypal and i have 180 days to dispute. So will wait to see how it plays out. just wanted to check worse case. I will report if they respond for others.

Reactions: 1 user

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I got with my credit card company yesterday and I see a refund on my card statement today. I was surprised I got the money back so fast. I purchased a grapple back in early November.
My guess is the CC company refunded the money and will initiate their own collection from EA. You are seeing the purchase insurance value of credit cards.

Dan

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
I'm sorta curious now. Several folks have mentioned the whole pay first and wait thing with EA. Is that not the case with others (like Homestead)?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I'm sorta curious now. Several folks have mentioned the whole pay first and wait thing with EA. Is that not the case with others (like Homestead)?
Most sellers have the item in stock and ship it as soon as you pay.

EA's business model is take all the orders and payments they can up front and ask you to wait for the item.. Sort of the inverse of Wimpy's hamburger purchasing model....

Dan

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia

EA's business model is take all the orders and payments they can up front and ask you to wait for the item.. Sort of the inverse of Wimpy's hamburger purchasing model....

Dan
Most, maybe. Not all. Homestead doesn't have a number of things stocked. Neither does Good Works.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

Dan
The EA business model, IMHO, has ALWAYS been $$$ abusive of their customers.
EA: Pay us up front, and THEN we will build it for you,...... when we have time!
Very few businesses treat their customers like that!

I have bought two attachments from EA, but BOTH times the weeks/months long pay in advance issue has stuck in my craw!
Seems as though that issue may now be resolved for the forseeable future.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Most, maybe. Not all. Homestead doesn't have a number of things stocked. Neither does Good Works.
Yes, but unlike EA their sales are subject to stock. They don't take your money and hold it for months on end. I have two recent purchases from two different vendors - a grapple and pallet forks. Both shipped within 48 hours of payment and both were delivered to my shop door. Do I need to mention neither came from EA?

Dan

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
The EA business model IMHO has ALWAYS been $$$ abusive of their customers.
EA: Pay us up front, and THEN we will build it for you,...... when we have time!
If you are a well capitalized business with that much demand why can't you take orders without payments? These are not custom builds. If someone backs out you just sell to the next guy on the list.

I have always been dubious of that operation.

Dan

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
What's curious to me is...
1) their Google side bar says 'permanently closed' in red..

2) their Facebook page has been 'suspended' or words to that effect

3) they only worked 40 hr weeks(from a post here..) even though they have LOTS of backorders.

I worked at a multi million dollar business and 'did the time' to build the machines to get them 1/2 way cross the World to clients. I know several others who work 12-16hr days, 7 days a week to get the jobs completed so I don't understand the 4 ,10hr days- gone fishin deal.

Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
The EA business model, IMHO, has ALWAYS been $$$ abusive of their customers.

I have bought two attachments from EA, but BOTH times the weeks/months long pay in advance issue has stuck in my craw!
Seems as though that issue may now be resolved for the foreseeable future.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Yes, but unlike EA their sales are subject to stock. They don't take your money and hold it for months on end. I have two recent purchases from two different vendors - a grapple and pallet forks. Both shipped within 48 hours of payment and both were delivered to my shop door. Do I need to mention neither came from EA?

Dan
Let's take Homestead, for example. Only because I'm actually in the market for a landscape rake. The one from Homestead says 6-8 week lead time. Would they not take my money 1st and then build it?
I'm honestly curious because I do not know. I have yet to ask them, but my assumption is yes.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Let's take Homestead, for example. Only because I'm actually in the market for a landscape rake. The one from Homestead says 6-8 week lead time. Would they not take my money 1st and then build it?
I'm honestly curious because I do not know. I have yet to ask them, but my assumption is yes.
I have no idea how Homestead operates. I know I would not pay and wait 6-8 weeks.

Dan

Jim’sMX

Equipment
MX5100
Dec 19, 2023
W-S NC
That’s who I’m looking at for a grapple and I understand it to be 6-8 weeks before shipping after paying. It’s in checkout waiting for me to click pay. If EA is out the Homestead wait may get longer

OntheRidge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB, Homestead 55" grapple, LP 1684 rear blade, WR Long 84" snowplow
Nov 1, 2020
A good opportunity

If they return my calls on Monday I will not give them 2600 up front. At this point it would be better to sell to another reputable attachment manufacturer, or start over under a new name with steep discounts on everything. I cashed out a whole life contract to buy a wicked 55. Does Homestead have the second lightest root grapple?
Homestead has 2 series, the Pinnacle and Independence. I have a 55" Pinnacle series, around 300 lbs, iirc. I am very pleased with it. The Independence series is around 200 lbs. They also give a 10% veteran/military discount, and free shipping.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
You have apparently misinterpreted my earlier comments.
Yes: I have ALWAYS been VERY positive about EA products.
I have opted to look past their business practices, and have repeatedly complained to them about same.
I can readily look beyond their business practices, to buy what I perceive, to be the best products on the market.
I do not choose to shoot myself in the foot, to buy what may be comparatively inferior products, made by others!

Last edited by a moderator:

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
People have the right to change their mind ,in this case maybe the timing was just off. :LOL::ROFLMAO:😂

Last edited by a moderator:

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
Hope EA can regroup and continue manufacturing. They raised the bar on several pieces of equipment. Other manufacturers improved their stuff to compete. Enjoying using my wicked grapple and landplane.

Curious, I tried to buy a new design stump puller similar to my Danuser Intimdator. Special new product and Ted and son birthday special over Labor Day weekend. I bought one. Paid in full. Called the following Wednesday to check on delivery. Was told at least a 5 month wait, OK. Tax exempt so I sent info. They Called back saying I made a mistake checking out and needed an additional $300+ ??? Online pricing is all automatic nothing I can change. Salesman insisting rudely I made a mistake. Canceled order and got refunded.
Checked the website again and could order exactly how I did before. ??? Something didn’t smell right.

Everyone makes mistakes. If their website was wrong and explained I would have paid more. Glad I didn’t now. I’ll pay and wait for quality but not for drama.

Reactions: 2 users

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Hope EA can regroup and continue manufacturing. They raised the bar on several pieces of equipment. Other manufacturers improved their stuff to compete. Enjoying using my wicked grapple and landplane.

Curious, I tried to buy a new design stump puller similar to my Danuser Intimdator. Special new product and Ted and son birthday special over Labor Day weekend. I bought one. Paid in full. Called the following Wednesday to check on delivery. Was told at least a 5 month wait, OK. Tax exempt so I sent info. They Called back saying I made a mistake checking out and needed an additional $300+ ??? Online pricing is all automatic nothing I can change. Salesman insisting rudely I made a mistake. Canceled order and got refunded.
Checked the website again and could order exactly how I did before. ??? Something didn’t smell right.

Everyone makes mistakes. If their website was wrong and explained I would have paid more. Glad I didn’t now. I’ll pay and wait for quality but not for drama.
You should probably buy a lottery ticket!