Euro Global/new JD quick attach conversion

Kubota Newbie

Equipment
M4500, New Idea Cut-Ditioner, JD 14T Baler, IH "Plow Chief" plows, Oliver Rake
Dec 28, 2010
Mount Vernon, Ohio
Ever since I put this Farmhand loader on my M4500 I've wanted to convert it to a quick attach system for the bucket and attachments. So this fall it got done. I opted to go to the euro-global system that Deere, Fendt, MF and others use on their larger tractors for a few reasons. One, it was going to be easy to do since those mounts lined up with the existing bracketry without adding a lot of length to the loader. Two, it was cheaper than a skid steer plate conversion, and. Three, the neighbors have global attachments on their Deere tractors, so if I need to borrow or swap something well....
IMG_20231221_163652499.jpg

I simply torched the bracket off the back of the existing bucket, welded in the top bar, a brace on the bottom, and eyes for the locking pins on the bottom side.

IMG_20231221_163354528.jpg
IMG_20231221_163311234.jpg
IMG_20230331_053902775.jpg

It's sure nice to be able to pull a couple pins and drop the bucket and put the bale spear on. The global mounting brackets are available pretty cheap through Vevor.

Reactions: 5 users

mini-mayhem

Equipment
L4200 w/ LA680 , KMS180
Dec 20, 2023
Latvia
That looks great!
Did you buy or build the euro tool plate on your loader?
Id love to hear more about it.
In the future this is something that i want to do to my machine.

Kubota Newbie

Equipment
M4500, New Idea Cut-Ditioner, JD 14T Baler, IH "Plow Chief" plows, Oliver Rake
Dec 28, 2010
Mount Vernon, Ohio
Sorry lost track of this. Just bought the hooks and eyes and built everything else. The global quick attach doesn't really have a "plate" like the skid steer attachment does.
The hooks drop over the round bar along the top, and the eyes engage pins at the bottom.
On my Farmhand loader I was able to cut the original pin mount brackets off the bucket and then modify them by adding the top bar, the 3 inch pipe brace on the bottom, and adding eyes for the pins to go in. Also had to add "bumper" blocks for the bottom bucket eyes to rest against.

Reactions: 1 user