Engine Stop Solenoid bx23s

95Mustang

Sep 18, 2018
Franklin new Hampshire usa
I need a new stop solenoid ....
Kubota part # 1J025-60010

Is there anything out there that works .
The kubota part is 130 bucks ouch
I've seen ones on amazon for b series tractors for
40 bucks
Any leads ....????

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I need a new stop solenoid ....
Kubota part # 1J025-60010

Is there anything out there that works .
The kubota part is 130 bucks ouch
I've seen ones on amazon for b series tractors for
40 bucks
Any leads ....????
A kubota is reliable and hardworking because of the parts that it's been built with.

Start throwing a bunch of junk, off name, cheap, parts into it and you'll end up with a cheap unreliable tractor. :rolleyes:

Did you buy a kubota to try and turn it into a off name chinese knock off, I would bet not. ;)

95Mustang

Sep 18, 2018
A kubota is reliable and hardworking because of the parts that it's been built with.

Start throwing a bunch of junk, off name, cheap, parts into it and you'll end up with a cheap unreliable tractor. :rolleyes:

Did you buy a kubota to try and turn it into a off name chinese knock off, I would bet not. ;)
let's see ....brand new tractor with less than 175 hours on it
Complete driveshaft failure at 11 hours
Blown head gasket and bad water pump at 80 hours .
And the solenoid failure at 170 hours .
Yeah they're built with quality components for sure ....
Bwahahaha

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
let's see ....brand new tractor with less than 175 hours on it
Complete driveshaft failure at 11 hours
Blown head gasket and bad water pump at 80 hours .
And the solenoid failure at 170 hours .
Yeah they're built with quality components for sure ....
Bwahahaha
Wow your hard on machinery. ;)

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Wow your hard on machinery. ;)
I've always had a few customers who seemed like they could break a crowbar in a sandbox. I never could understand it either because it never looked like they were the type to be rough on equipment! I guess they were just unlucky and happened to buy the lemon. We sold hundreds of BX tractors since their introduction and very few of them do we ever see again. A lot of them get bare minimum maintenance too and still keep on keeping on. But there always seems to be that one!

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I've always had a few customers who seemed like they could break a crowbar in a sandbox. I never could understand it either because it never looked like they were the type to be rough on equipment! I guess they were just unlucky and happened to buy the lemon. We sold hundreds of BX tractors since their introduction and very few of them do we ever see again. A lot of them get bare minimum maintenance too and still keep on keeping on. But there always seems to be that one!

Yeah and most of "those" that I've seen are using BX's for D9's. Yeah it's a litlte bitty tractor, aka big lawn mower that a backhoe and loader will fit, and it'll do a lot of work for it's size but I think some take that too far. It DOES have limitations. Yes I know of a few of those same "type" people.

95Mustang

Sep 18, 2018
Yeah and most of "those" that I've seen are using BX's for D9's. Yeah it's a litlte bitty tractor, aka big lawn mower that a backhoe and loader will fit, and it'll do a lot of work for it's size but I think some take that too far. It DOES have limitations. Yes I know of a few of those same "type" people.
Keep drinking that orange kool- aid .......
Bwahahaha

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
95Mustang, if you're so offended by the comments why do you keep coming back. You apparently have a machine that has failed you, no matter how it was used/treated, and your disgust can be understood.

You're probably not familiar with any other mechanical apparatus that has performed poorly or failed from it's design. It happens everywhere, and frequently.

Your comment, "Keep drinking that orange kool- aid ..." could be changed to any color on the color wheel. All manufacturers face those challenges.

Your solution is with your dealer, might go bark at him! Maybe you'll have to purchase a different color tractor to really be happy, but beware these thing happen everywhere!

95Mustang

Sep 18, 2018
The 29 dollar solenoid from ebay works perfect.
Plug and play , no drama .
It would have cost a lot more than 29 bucks just to get the tractor back to the dealer from where it broke down .
So for those that tried to offer help ...

Appreciate it.

To the rest of you helpful fellows ......
Well let's just say Mama taught me if you cant say something nice
Remain silent ....
Bwahaha

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
95Mustang, good you came to an inexpensive solution.

Go back through your thread and see if you followed your mama's teachings, specifically post #5 and #10. Seems you're a little overly sensitive to comments made by those with years of experience with the product you complain about.

Your final comment indicates you think some of the post here were not intended to help. You must be use to some other forum's technique!

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Hmm.. blown head gasket may be due to loss of coolant. There was a recall on mine( last year) to replace the overflow tank cap. Plugged hole allowed coolant to NOT goto into tank..poof, into the air.
Heat gauge 'should' have alerted you to overheating.

re: starter solenoid. Be sure the 'control' wire is secured onto the tab. Mine 'fell off' after 30-40 hrs.. I used tiewrap...238hrs on without problems.

Jay