Engine Oil and Filter change

melvinhatcher

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525FEL, 66" QA BUCKET, L8455CRUISE CONTROL KIT, WR LONG 3RD FUNCITIO
Feb 16, 2016
Edgewood Maryland
How often do the members change their engine oil and filters on their L3301?
As of 4/16/20 I have 83.9 hrs. and one year on my last oil and filter change.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Flip, he did not ask what the manual says he asked what others do.

As for the question!

I change my oil every 2 years or about 100 hrs and the hydraulic every 200 hrs just gives me a piece of mind.

The air filters inner and outer I change every year and blow the outer out as needed.

I grease it every 10 hrs, loader and tractor. Just switched to Amsoil grease it is staying in place well so I may extend it we will see as next greasing.

Follow the manual or do what suits you and makes you feel comfortable.

Best of luck.

Jay

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Engine oil should be changed at least once a year even if it doesn't have many hrs. It gets loaded with contaminants from normal operation and even the best synthetic lubricants are rated for annual service intervals.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Engine oil should be changed at least once a year even if it doesn't have many hrs. It gets loaded with contaminants from normal operation and even the best synthetic lubricants are rated for annual service intervals.
+1 Yearly

melvinhatcher

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525FEL, 66" QA BUCKET, L8455CRUISE CONTROL KIT, WR LONG 3RD FUNCITIO
Feb 16, 2016
Edgewood Maryland
Flip, he did not ask what the manual says he asked what others do.

As for the question!

I change my oil every 2 years or about 100 hrs and the hydraulic every 200 hrs just gives me a piece of mind.

The air filters inner and outer I change every year and blow the outer out as needed.

I grease it every 10 hrs, loader and tractor. Just switched to Amsoil grease it is staying in place well so I may extend it we will see as next greasing.

Follow the manual or do what suits you and makes you feel comfortable.

Best of luck.

Jay
Thank you Jay, you answered my question exactly.
As for my usage and service I will stick with the manual's hourly recommendations.

melvinhatcher

Equipment
Feb 16, 2016
Edgewood Maryland
Thank you for your input Bulldog, however I have always thought that most or all synthetic oil companies recommend or promotes extended oil changes.
At any rate, I will tend to cling closely to Kubota's hourly oil change schedule, even though I do use Rotella T6 Synthetic Diesel Motor Oil 5W-40 CJ-4, in all of my vehicles and lawn mowers. :)

Last edited:

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Thank you for your input Bulldog, however I have always thought that most or all synthetic oil companies recommend or promotes extended oil changes.
At any rate, I will tend to cling closely to Kubota's hourly oil change schedule. :)
I use Amsoil which does have extended drain of up to 3x longer than factory interval but that comes into play for a person that puts a lot of hrs. I can run my oil up to 600 hrs or 1 year. Most oil (dino) if you really look at the specs will have a mileage/hr rating or 6 month interval.

It's obviously your tractor so do as you please but oil honestly should be changed at least once per year no matter what brand you use.

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
I use Amsoil which does have extended drain of up to 3x longer than factory interval but that comes into play for a person that puts a lot of hrs. I can run my oil up to 600 hrs or 1 year. Most oil (dino) if you really look at the specs will have a mileage/hr rating or 6 month interval.

It's obviously your tractor so do as you please but oil honestly should be changed at least once per year no matter what brand you use.
+1 on once per year oil change even though low hrs "25 to 35 hrs." per year. That is the advise I received from dealer also last fall.
If I stick the book we figured 6-8 years to hit 200 hrs.