Eliminating detent position on log splitter controller

cmorningstar01

Equipment
B7500HST LA302 FEL 5'Finish Mower B5100E 46" Snow Plow 22 ton splitter
Mar 27, 2011
Pemberton NJ USA
I finally finished the plow setup on my B5100E and I used a log splitter controller for the hydraulics, Everything works great and I have no complaints, I would like to disable the detent posiition on the controller if possible, I set the controller up so that pulling back on the lever/handle raises the plow and pushing forward lowers it, The forward(lowering) position is where the detent position is and basically when I push the lever/handle forward the plow blade is lowered and the handle stays in the lowering position until the handle is manually pulled forward or the plow bottoms out and the detent position is overidden, Does anyone know if the detent can be disabled and if so how.

Pics to follow as soon as I get a chance.

Thanks for any replies

cmorningstar01

Equipment
Mar 27, 2011
Pemberton NJ USA
Ok, I figured it out, I simply loosened the lock nut and turned the detent pressure control bolt out until it no longer holds it at detent and now it works just like a regular hydraulic controller and as promissed here are the pics

Attachments

cmorningstar01

Equipment
Mar 27, 2011
Pemberton NJ USA
The plow setup is a 46" plow I picked up locally, I believe it may have been from an old Simplicity or Suburban, I cut some mounting plates out of some 3/16" sheet steel and then cut them to fit around the front axle and tie rod, I bolted them to the frame using existing predrilled bolt/holes, I reinforced them with some bolts going across and then fit the plow setup, I used some old mounting plates from some cab steps from a pickup for the mount for the hydraulic cylinder and picked up a log splitter controller off ebay for a good deal, The lines and fittings all came from Tractor Supply, All together I have a few hundred dollars invested but more importantly I enjoyed building it, I connected the hydraulics using a 2 way diverter and dumped the return back into the fill plug.

It aint pretty but it works and thats what matters most, Now that I have everything all hooked up and working I can take it apart and throw some paint on the bare metal.

The plow in the up position is 9" from the bottom of the plow to the ground and when dropped all the way will raise the front of the tractor off the ground as can be seen in one of the pics, I made it that way so I could use the blade for light grading work if necessary.

Attachments

pat331

Equipment
L35, mower, bushhog, cement mixer, grader, boxblade, forks, posthole digger
Mar 31, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
Man you do good work. Looks like you will be able to save a lot of time plowing snow this winter. Be sure to let us know how it works this winter. Thanks for posting.