Electrical gremlins in my L2900

Steve NC

Equipment
B7100D, L2900DT, ZD21, G6200,
Dec 29, 2014
Sandy Bottom North Carolina
I inherited a I think 1998 model L2900DT a few weeks ago. The tractor had been sitting up for some time. I preformed a full service on it changing the fluids and filters. Everything mechanical seems to function correctly except for the electrical system. The tractor will start with the key but will not turn off. I checked the solenoid and it is working but not from the key. I’m also having trouble with the glow plug indicator light coming on while driving the tractor. Any ideas on where to look. Thanks for any help.

Reactions: 1 user

zuiko

Equipment
L2900
May 29, 2017
Canada
The L2900 circuits are pretty simple, see the attached wiring diagram. Check the 15A fuse for the key timer circuit and make sure it's ok. If the fuse is ok then check the relay. The glow plug indicator sounds like it might be a loose connection to the glow controller.

Circuits.jpg

Pau7220

Equipment
L3650 GST, Landpride TL250 FEL w/ Piranha, 6' King Kutter, GM1084R Finish
Aug 1, 2017
Scranton, PA
Read this post on it not shutting down with the key.

zuiko

Equipment
L2900
May 29, 2017
Canada
Here are the pages from the workshop manual that deal with the glow controller and the shut off relay. That should provide the information you need to track down the problem.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

Bob A.

Equipment
L29000 w/ FEL GST, M7060 w/FEL - mowers, auger, disks, spreaders, etc.
Oct 30, 2022
North Carolina
I had a similar issue, turning the key off would not stop the tractor, I had to pull the engine stop knob to shut the engine down. This particular issue was tricky to track down but ended up being a simple fix. The fuse was good, but there was a defect where the wire exited the fuse box - I believe years of vibration cracked the connector. The fix was to cut the wire and put in a stand-alone fuse (using the same power source).