Edge Tamers

Stevebouck

Equipment
b2650
Jun 2, 2018
Cheney
Has anybody used or have an opinion of the Edge Tamers? Apparently, they are used on the FEL when removing snow
Thanks

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Has anybody used or have an opinion of the Edge Tamers? Apparently, they are used on the FEL when removing snow
Thanks
Been discussed quite a bit here ....

you got PVC pipe slit

bolt on rubber stall mats...

conveyor rubber belt bolted on...

hopefully a little early to be talking about that S word!!!!:D

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
Can’t beat them for the price. On pavement they leave about an inch of snow behind. I also use them on grass for picking up mulch, or pushing my burn pile in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
I ordered out a pair for the Hurliman early this spring. (Allied 195 loader) There was no call to use them on snow. The white stuff gets blown over the edge.

They are pretty useful for flipping the compost piles without digging a trench and getting stone into the organic material. That goes for moving wood chip piles also.

The Edge tamers do tend to control the bucket cut however. perhaps a bit too much in the denser materials. It's hard to get a clean scrape without a lot of attention and positioning of the bucket. I bet that will not be an issue in fresh snow.

The shoes make it easy to move smaller logs as well. One at a time of course. The projection of the Edge tamers is just enough to keep the round from rolling off forward .

https://r2manufacturing.com/products/edge-tamer

They are retained by friction, so no going backwards while the bucket is in contact with the ground. The Edge tamers go a bit screwy when you do that, or get pulled right off.

Bottom line. A great accessory to have around, I leave 'em on all the time, and only take them off when work requires.

Last edited:

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I have asphalt or hot top or a paved driveway, call it what you want depending on your part of the country. But when I have ice build up. I want to use my bucket edge to scrap the hot top bare. Edge tamers are nothing I would want or use in any application.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
I have asphalt or hot top or a paved driveway, call it what you want depending on your part of the country. But when I have ice build up. I want to use my bucket edge to scrap the hot top bare. Edge tamers are nothing I would want or use in any application.

Really? You would not use anti-gouging aids in ANY application? You referenced a situation that I would remove the devices to clean up a hard surface coated with ice. But for myself, I have 300 yards of gravel, and NO "hot top" anywhere.

I rather enjoy Not gouging the turf and gravel.

Tim Horton

Mar 22, 2018
Lake Superior
I personally don't have them.
I do know a guy in the east part of the country who gets a lot of Great Lakes "lake affect" snow. His driveway is a gravel hill and can get what he calls "rough" to use at times.

He says he uses Edge Tamers carefully until the ground is well frozen then as aggressively as he can when he has a more solid, frozen, footing to work with. I know he is using filled turf tires with 2 link ladder chains on the rear only. Saying this combination has served him well for a considerable time now.

He swears by Edge Tamers. To date I don't think they would justify the cost for my use. However I would buy them in a minute if/when the situation changes based on his experience and reccommendation.
One persons 5 cents of opinion...... Actually two persons opinions.

Mainah

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501HST, BLMX3164 blower, BB1266 box blade, BX42S chipper, Titan forks
Feb 26, 2018
Standish, Maine
I’ve used mine to clean snow off the grass and chips and brush off the lawn and they were great for both. Should be a great tool in winter on a gravel drive.

SRG

Equipment
B8200D 4WD........ JD 870, FWA, 300x FEL.......... JD 797, 72" Z-Trak
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
I wish i had individual trash cans, instead of a dumpster, so i can get the "trash tamer" adapters.:D