Dune buggy rebuild

Humblebub

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX 2370 with MMW, FEL and snow blower
Sitting here with a sappy grin reading this. My dad did something similar over 60 years ago and I remember the fun like it was yesterday. You are doing a good thing! My grandkids are at the other end of earth and it makes me sad that I will not get to do some of these things.

Only thing he insisted on was wearing a helmet and that stuck with me through the years before helmets were required.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Sorry to hear the grand babbies are so far away, that has got to super hard on you..
But I can them boys in a few years,,, hey you remember when we had the dune buggie,,, HMMMM I wonder if we could get the honda to do that stuff :D

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
If i live long enough to see grandkids, i want to share the same sort of things. Both my adult childern are still at home, occupying my basement.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
If i live long enough to see grandkids, i want to share the same sort of things. Both my adult childern are still at home, occupying my basement.
Grandkids are so much fun :D The things that you would never do with your kids don't bother you with grandkids. Wife and I have gotten it down to a science. We get them hopped up on sugar, do fun stuff with them, wear them out. Then they are passed out on the floor by 9 pm :cool:

Plus there is the bonus. Get them over tired and cranky, give them some annoying toys. Then send them home to reek havoc on there parents :p:D:cool:

sawmill

Equipment
bx24 backhoe/fel, 48" Bush mower
Nov 16, 2014
ione, washington
All our grandkids are grown now, but we have 15 wonderful great grandkids to enjoy now. A few years back one of our granddaughters gave us a plaque that says:

---GRANDPARENTS---
"They hold our hands for a little while,
but hold our hearts forever."

They grow up way to fast.

Corney

Equipment
L1500DT, front end loader, mower, tiller, snow blower
We are ready to be Grandparents, but my sons aren't ready to be parents. I have taken the role as a substitute grandad for kids that may not have a crazy old guy in their life. Lots of kids through circumstances out of their control don't have that in their life.

It does have its challenges as you have to try to figure the parents out to see how much fun their darling is allowed to have! Some hold that leash pretty tight and short.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Trailered the dune buggy over to my sons house to clean out the garage. Grandson had a friend stay the night.

Well they decided they were gonna work on it since the battery wouldn't hold a charge.

They hooked the charger to it and got it started right up. :rolleyes:

Well my daughter in law got up this morning at 7am. She's not sure when the boys got up, but they had it stuck in the woods at 7am :)

They asked her if she could help them get it out. She made them push it out of the woods and back to the house :D:D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk