Dumb 3 pt Hitch Question

mike l3750

Equipment
L3750
Dec 4, 2016
Ithaca, NY
I have an L3750 that came with an attached backhoe. I pulled the backhoe, so I can use the 3 pt hitch with a brush hog and tiller.

The tractor didn't come with any 3 pt hitch parts, so I need a top link, lift rods, lower links, drawbar, etc. etc.

Now, will any Category 1 hitch parts (like what I can get at Tractor Supply) work, or do I need anything specific to Kubota or the L3750?

I saw something online about a Kubota leveling arm. What exactly is that and do I need it?

Thanks.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes standard Cat I pins are the same all around, it's a universal standard size.

The leveling arm (I think) is the arm the that connects the right lower lift arm to the upper lift arm and yes you need it, The left lift arm is a fixed length.

mike l3750

Equipment
L3750
Dec 4, 2016
Ithaca, NY
Yes standard Cat I pins are the same all around, it's a universal standard size.

The leveling arm (I think) is the arm the that connects the right lower lift arm to the upper lift arm and yes you need it, The left lift arm is a fixed length.
Perfect. Thanks, man ... I emailed Neat Attachments, and they recommended this kit:

https://neatfarms.com/Compact-Tractor-3-Point-Hitch-Kit--CAT-1---GD

Do you have any experience with Neat, or can you recommend the best (cheapest) place to buy parts?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
One issue with aftermarket three point arms is they are not as strong as the stock ones.
The price is really low on that set and wouldn't break the bank, stock set will run a lot more.
One thing that would help them out is to put a quick hitch on it, that would divide out stress on them much better, you can get a cheap one that will work great at Harbor Freight.

mike l3750

Equipment
L3750
Dec 4, 2016
Ithaca, NY
One issue with aftermarket three point arms is they are not as strong as the stock ones.
The price is really low on that set and wouldn't break the bank, stock set will run a lot more.
One thing that would help them out is to put a quick hitch on it, that would divide out stress on them much better, you can get a cheap one that will work great at Harbor Freight.
Perfect. Thanks for the advice!

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
IMG_6057.jpg
Here's a HF quick hitch in action. I've used mine a lot, and you can hook up implements in 1 minute. If you shop the sales, and use the 20% off coupon you can get one for $79.00

Last edited:

mike l3750

Equipment
L3750
Dec 4, 2016
Ithaca, NY
Well, I got most of the hitch in this evening: http://imgur.com/a/wgp3e

I didn't have pins to attach the top of the side links but I reckon I can get them at TS: http://imgur.com/a/atYhn

Part of me wonders, though, if I missing something at that top connection. I really had to force those mother hubbers in there -- like grinder and sledgehammer force :eek:

Otherwise, what do you think? Those chains, I know, need to come on the inside and attach the hitch under the PTO somewhere, I think ...

I'm using this as my basic guide: http://imgur.com/a/SpnS4

I'm also seeing now I probably need stablizer bars, too.

Last edited:

Kyle_CMU

Equipment
BX1870 and B7100D - HST
Mar 27, 2013
Midland, MI, USA
Looking good to me. One thing I do notice though is the adjustable leveling arms. There should be an equal amount of thread on each side of the center. They are basically turnbuckles.

Also, I think on your model, the chains would go like in the picture below. Not 100%, but I think.

Attachments

Last edited:

mike l3750

Equipment
L3750
Dec 4, 2016
Ithaca, NY
Looking good to me. One thing I do notice though is the adjustable leveling arms. There should be an equal amount of thread on each side of the center. They are basically turnbuckles.

Also, I think on your model, the chains would go like in the picture below. Not 100%, but I think.
Yes sir. I also did some more research last night, and found that this tractor doesn't use chains, but turnbuckles for stabilizers that attach to a bracket on the axel. Gonna make a TS run today.

BUT - I did find that spec on the low arms for this tractor is 32-inches, but my arms are 28 inches. Think that will mess me up or should it be good?

Kyle_CMU

Equipment
BX1870 and B7100D - HST
Mar 27, 2013
Midland, MI, USA
The primary potential issue caused by shorter lower arms is that there may not enough clearance between the implement and the tires especially when the arms are spread apart when an attachment is on. One potential way to move the implement back is to add a quick hitch.

I would attach something and run it up and down to see if there is an cause for concern. Otherwise you should be fine. Shorter arms actually reduces the lifting moment so you can lift more weight.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If you add a QH you will make up for the short arms.
And as far as chains or turnbuckles, they will both do the same job.
Note: You need to attach the tractor side of the sway bars/chains on the same plane as the lower arm attachment point so that it does not get narrower or wider as it lifts and falls. ;)

mike l3750

Equipment
L3750
Dec 4, 2016
Ithaca, NY
If you add a QH you will make up for the short arms.
And as far as chains or turnbuckles, they will both do the same job.
Note: You need to attach the tractor side of the sway bars/chains on the same plane as the lower arm attachment point so that it does not get narrower or wider as it lifts and falls. ;)
Perfect. Then my chains are just too short. That's an easy fix. And yes, I already have the QH waiting and ready to go on :D