Driving tractor long distance

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
Judging from my experience picking up/delivering tractors & equip while employed at JD dealer I've never timed it but I'd almost bet on a 10 mile or under trip one can drive a tractor @ 18-20 MPH and arrive faster than one can load,secure,drive to location, un-secure & unload tractor.

Shadetree03

Equipment
L2501, King Kutter, Landscape Rake, Titan 3pt forks
Sep 20, 2017
Pueblo, CO
Probably the one thing I miss about the old Farmall was cruisin' in Road Gear...oh, well plenty to like about the HST :):):)

sagor

Equipment
BX25, BX2750D, BX2760A, 5' back blade
Jan 9, 2017
Sudbury, ON, Canada
Driving on the road make sure your lights work and are on. Also check your insurance, homeowners insurance often does not cover your tractor when off your property.
Also check your highway "rules" (laws). Here in Ontario, it is perfectly legal to drive on roads, even without a license, provided it has the slow moving vehicle sign on the back of the tractor.
But yes, check the home insurance for sure. My insurance was ok with driving to the neighbor on the road as long as it was not "for profit" or commercial use. A lot of policies are strict about using the tractor only on your property (regardless of where it is, as long as you own it...)

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
Probably the one thing I miss about the old Farmall was cruisin' in Road Gear...oh, well plenty to like about the HST :):):)

No doubt! My first tractor was an H that I rebuilt as a teenager. It was fast on the road, and a lot of fun to operate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
I have driven my BX24 10 miles one way to do a job with my LP box scraper and a LP rear bladed in the bucket. Drove out in the morning did the job and drove it back in the evening. the only issue I had was other drivers getting close enough to make my Bota rock a bit. This was done on a county road, City roads and a state HWY that in more like a county road.