Draining coolant on a BX 2660

Trooper179

Jun 19, 2015
Morehead
I have drained the coolant on my BX 2660 which I found to be very difficult due to the placement of the drain plug. I was able to remove it after much time spent but also removed the lower radiator hose to spend up the process. However after flushing the system with water 4 times I refilled with a 50/50 mixture of antifreeze. Much to my dismay I was only able to pour only about 2 quarts into the radiator. I suspect the coolant/water in the block did not drain.

So my question is how do I completely drain the system? As I am unable to get the proper antifreeze/water ratio.

wild bill

May 8, 2010
South Wales, NY
I believe there should be a block drain plug below the injection pump. There was a post with a photo, but it did not turn up in my search.

Found this photo on another forum

Attachments

Last edited:

Trooper179

Jun 19, 2015
Morehead
Thanks for the response. I checked this plug and found it to be a oil drain plug on my tractor (a 2012 model). I kept searching even asked my dealer but I finally found it to be a 17mm plug located on the block just to the right of the oil filter and to the rear of the starter. Took out the plug and got the coolant completely drained:D and the tractor back up and running!