does your tractor have a horn

eddie

Oct 17, 2009
ottawa ontario
I've had my tractor for about 5 years now and in that time I have had use for a horn about 4 or 5 times. It's a good thing that it hasn't happened more often because my tractor doesn't have a horn.

I'm gonna put one on it and was just wondering how many of you guys have added a horn to your tractor and if so, could you send a picture of it just for fun.

eddie

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I've had my tractor for about 5 years now and in that time I have had use for a horn about 4 or 5 times. It's a good thing that it hasn't happened more often because my tractor doesn't have a horn.

I'm gonna put one on it and was just wondering how many of you guys have added a horn to your tractor and if so, could you send a picture of it just for fun.

eddie
None of my three do - but I can see a need for one !!!

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
My L3560HSTC has one that barely made a sound. It sounded like a sick duck! I purchased a double horn on ebay and put one of the horns where the old one was and drilled a hole in the bracket above the installed horn and put the second one on that. Plenty loud now. My old tractor didn't have a horn, so I bought one and used a door bell button I installed on top of the instrument panel. It was an open station tractor, and was handy to draw attention to the fact you were there or to get someone's attention.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
My B7100 does. Real handy for getting the attention of your assistant with the shovel, tape measure, or chain saw, much better than trying to out-shout the diesel.

conropl

Equipment
L3560 HSDC
Oct 17, 2016
West Michigan
My B7100 does. Real handy for getting the attention of your assistant with the shovel, tape measure, or chain saw, much better than trying to out-shout the diesel.
I agree with that, but my assistant is my wife. The only time I've used my horn was to get her attention... not sure how many times I'm going to get away with that though. That can easily be misconstrued, and then it can feel pretty cold in that heated cab.[emoji6]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Uncle John had one on his ford 8n,,, he would be driving along and you would hear HEY STUPID GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY, it was not melodious but it got your attention :D

Blondie70

Equipment
L2501DT('18)L2501('15)
Aug 6, 2016
Poplarville, MS
Had a Chevy horn on old tractor...worked great.

Put a siren on my Kubota. Got a wolf whistle horn on standby.

I put the switch for the siren down inside the cup holder. Did not drill any metal. Ran the wire from the battery and used a battery charger wire so I can unplug the horn and plug in my battery charger or tender as needed.

I use the siren constantly when driving to the house. The dogs like it (I think) and it sounds like the cops are running a raid...ha ha ha...I got it so I use it.

eddie

Oct 17, 2009
ottawa ontario
So...thanks for the feedback on horns...I like the idea of having a siren but will probably have a look in the barn for an old one or just pick up an inexpensive one from a automotive shop. OOGAH and thanks for posting.

eddie

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Mine has one. But was disconnected when I fixed some burnt wiring. Now your here something similar to what skeets posted with some hollering :p:rolleyes::)

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I agree with that, but my assistant is my wife. The only time I've used my horn was to get her attention... not sure how many times I'm going to get away with that though. That can easily be misconstrued, and then it can feel pretty cold in that heated cab.[emoji6]
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Mine too, discretion is advised.:)

Originally posted by procraftmike:
My 1977, B7100 has a factory horn and it still works yet. It really gets your attention...lol
Same as my 1979. I'm on my 4th horn on my '96 EZGO, 2nd on my '03 SuperDuty, and 2nd on my '04 Rhino. They must have made them better back then.