Does my M8200 have any kind of start assist in cold weather?

moesfarm

May 22, 2013
Fayetteville TN
I have a m105X that has a wait to start light that comes on when it it cold.I don't see any light on my M8200.Does any of the M??00 series tractors have any kinda start assist in cold weather?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Does any glow plug indicator come on when the key is first turned on?
Can you turn the key backwards? Other Kubota models require you to turn the Key backwards to heat the Plugs.;)

billback

Equipment
bx 2200
Dec 9, 2011
mt pleasant ,pa
i believe you turn the key backwards hold there for 1 min below 20 f and 30 sec below 40 f. there should be a glowing heating element on dash to show you the system is working.when key is turned backwards

amthatiam

Apr 14, 2013
PA
As mentioned above their is a chrome metal disc looking thing with a hole in it on the dash board to the right if the steering wheel, look inside the hole you should see what looks like a small coil spring. Turn ignition key to the left and hold it in that position until this coil glows red then turn key to right to start as normal.

On bright days I cup my hand over it so I can see the coil glowing, if that doesn't work I just put my finger over the hole and wait till my finger gets hot : ) careful it will leave a blister. Good luck.

Dan

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
billback, amthatiam,
I know you guys are just trying to help, but the bigger and newer tractors don't have a physical indicator (heater coil) like the old smaller tractors had.
They do it all with electronics and lamps. The newer tractors even use a computer to control the glow plugs and timing.
Yes, if the key turns backwards then that's probably the way the glow plugs heat.
If the tractor doesn't have a block heater get one of those installed too.;)

amthatiam

Apr 14, 2013
PA
Just realized that we are talking about "M" 8200 not "B" 8200 as Roseanne Roseannadanna would say...............never mind........Good luck.

Dan

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The you have variations of each model. ;)
C, CS, D, DT, E, F, HST, N, HSD, HSDB, HSE, HSD-T, TL, TLB, LB-R, LB-T, R, T, V, DT, DTC, DTCCS, DTN, DTS, DTSC, DTW, F, FC, FS, FSC, FST, GST, GSTC, GSTCA, HC, HDT, HDT-W, HF, HSTC, MDT, MF, SS, T, TL, TLB, W, DS, DSC, DTL, DTM, DTN, DTN-B, DT-1, F, F-1, F-CS, FC, H, HC, HD, HDC, HDCCS, L, MDT, MDTL, MF, ML, OC, S, SCS, SD, SDN-B, SDNBC, SDNBF, SU, SDSC, SDSCC, SU-F, SU-R, SU-TF, SUD-F, SUD-R, SUDT, SUMDT, W, XYZ, PDQ,
(Last 2 are just for good measure) :eek:

Ugg I need a drink! :D

Last edited:

trouble11

Equipment
kubota b9200, bf350fel,b4530 hoe, 2002 Gmc Sierra with plow
Jun 12, 2012
Plattsburgh, NY
I guess I do have a Memory problem, I can not remember the Specs on the more than 150 models that You posted. Of course there are the M models and other models that You did not mention. Oh wait, maybe I don,t have a memory problem, maybe I have a Life !!:(

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
The you have variations of each model. ;)
C, CS, D, DT, E, F, HST, N, HSD, HSDB, HSE, HSD-T, TL, TLB, LB-R, LB-T, R, T, V, DT, DTC, DTCCS, DTN, DTS, DTSC, DTW, F, FC, FS, FSC, FST, GST, GSTC, GSTCA, HC, HDT, HDT-W, HF, HSTC, MDT, MF, SS, T, TL, TLB, W, DS, DSC, DTL, DTM, DTN, DTN-B, DT-1, F, F-1, F-CS, FC, H, HC, HD, HDC, HDCCS, L, MDT, MDTL, MF, ML, OC, S, SCS, SD, SDN-B, SDNBC, SDNBF, SU, SDSC, SDSCC, SU-F, SU-R, SU-TF, SUD-F, SUD-R, SUDT, SUMDT, W, XYZ, PDQ,
(Last 2 are just for good measure) :eek:

Ugg I need a drink! :D

Sorry, I had already exceeded my 20,000 characters and could not include any more.:mad: