Does anyone make a fork boom extension that is not too expensive?

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
Now that I have pallet forks for my BX2370, I'm looking for ways to extend their use.
I would really like to get a boom extension for the forks (the kind that slips over both forks). Like in the photo attached.

Of course these little BX tractors don't have a lot of lift. Especially if the load is far away form the loader pivot pins.

I see there are fork extension booms available (but they are really heavy duty (like 4000+ lb), and expensive. I don't need anythign that HD.

If anyone knows of a place selling something (maybe around 500 lb capacity. Which is still more than I can use) for $250 ish or less.
I'd like to know.

Thanks.

Attachments

Last edited:

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
If you can by with not using forks and just the bucket, here is a simple device any welder can make. Take a length of pipe about 2" diameter that fits from rear of bucket out to where you want to lift. Weld a "T" piece of angle iron to the bucket end of the pipe, a length that just fits the bucket inside width. From the outboard end of that pipe run two chains back to the bucket hooks on each side, top. I assume you have added those hooks anyhow. At the end of the pipe have loops for chain hooks to attach to. Also weld on a hook for your lifting work out there. On the one I used I secured a plank to the bucket end to make it fit more tightly.

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
I'm not sure if this will work for your application but they do make a 3 PT boom pole for tractors. Tractor Supply sells them for about $300. They have a working capacity of 1000# at the end of the pole.