Do you like your LAND PRIDE 48" Box blade?

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
I`m looking at the LAND PRIDE 48" box blade. Looking for opinions on this model. I`m not a rich guy, and my dealer is giving me a really good deal for a new one.
I`ve looked at used box blades for awhile and most are tore up pretty bad and i dont want to have to repair them if i bought a used one.

Will the 48" work good on stone driveways with the BX series sub-compact`s? I have a BX23s, hoping it will work good on this tractor.
For what some of these driveway repair businesses want to fix my driveway, i can buy a box blade for far less, and always be able to fix my driveway when needed.

Wouldnt mind seeing some pictures of your`s posted with the work you`ve done with yours.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I think 48" width is a perfect match for BX. I picked up a BB0548 at my local dealer for around $500. It is a little too light duty for my taste, even for just around the house. I replaced it with BB1560 (not for BX). If I was getting another for the BX id have gone with BB1248. I think having a box blade around is very handy, it will do a better job grading that you can with FEL. I haven't mastered it yet and am still learning, a hydraulic top link will speed up the process of using it (ordered one from fitrite), I tend to adjust mine a lot and that slows the process down. There are some very helpful videos on youtube that demonstrate what they are capable of and the basics of using them.

Last edited:

aug1113

Equipment
BX23S
Sep 8, 2020
Arizona
I have the BB1248 for my BX23S and I'm happy with it, it has worked good for me.
I've used it to level humps and bumps in the yard and the rocked driveway. I think the BB1248
is a bit heavier than the BB0548.

Attachments

Reactions: 2 users

smittydog27

Equipment
L3901DT, MX5200DT, Case 450, 1450 dozers, Case 530 const. king backhoe/loader
Dec 11, 2018
Huntington
I love my LP BB3578. Went over my two driveways and didn’t even loose any paint!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Not a LP, but my BB is my go to for a lot of stuff.

skypros

Equipment
BX23s
Jul 2, 2018
Bend, OR
I have a everything attachments "Land Shark" 48" subcompact Box Blade..... It is an implement that everyone that owns a tractor should have.

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
Box Blade was my first implement I added after buying my tractor. Ill be honest though I went with the 5 foot box blade at tractor supply. It had great reviews, and I went and looked at it in person and it looked solid - all the welds looked good etc. Ive used it now for over a year and its been flawless, and is a bit cheaper than land prides. It is a little lighter, but its built rugged and has worked fine for my uses. If I was going to buy something with a gear box, like a mower or tiller or something, I would go with landpride, with a box blade though I just needed something to drag over dirt, period. Its a simple little task, and so I felt ok going the cheaper route for that implement. Short of the welds just coming apart, there isnt much that could go wrong with it.

Reactions: 1 user

countryboy9799

Equipment
BX2380
May 23, 2020
MN
A box blade is a very useful tool, I ended up getting a good deal on a rear blade later but I don't care for that as much as the box blade does a lot better job at leveling, at least for a beginner. It takes some getting used to for how aggressive of a cut to take and playing around with the teeth if needed. I have a 48" on a BX2380 but if I had to do it again I would consider a 54, most of the time I am not working it that hard and I think it would be easier to level with a wider blade.

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
A box blade is a very useful tool, I ended up getting a good deal on a rear blade later but I don't care for that as much as the box blade does a lot better job at leveling, at least for a beginner. It takes some getting used to for how aggressive of a cut to take and playing around with the teeth if needed. I have a 48" on a BX2380 but if I had to do it again I would consider a 54, most of the time I am not working it that hard and I think it would be easier to level with a wider blade.
I was kind of wondering that myself too, that the 54" would or might be the better option. I do have a back blade, too, but i`ve never really been to fond of them myself either. I actually only bought it to pull the snow away from the decking and the garage doors. And to use it as a rear ballast basically.

My dealer says he would sell me the BB1248 for $700 out the door (tax included in that price). Now i`m wondering how much more the BB1254 (54") will cost vs the BB1248 (48"). I`m living on a very small fixed income now, so money savings really matters. If i pick up some odd job driveway repairs, that would help offset the money a little better.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Had a Landpride 72" and sold it last year to a friend. Wasn't wide enough for my M's but was a fine unit. Sold it for 100 bucks less than I paid for it and yes, the paint is very, very durable. I really need an 84"

ppodpearson

Equipment
BX23S, rear blade, front ssqa hitch receiver
Mar 11, 2019
Mossyrock, WA, USA
I got the LandPride BB1254 for my BX23s a couple of weeks ago. I've had the tractor for 2 years. Dressed up my driveway and worked over a problem area in my yard. It's a great attachment. Next spring/summer I plan on doing a lot of leveling in my front yard, approximately 1 acre.

ZTMAN

Equipment
BX2380
Aug 26, 2018
South Central Pa
I have the Landpride 1248 on my BX2380 and love it . Use it for gravel lane to the camp and grade trails.

You will not be sorry in getting either a 48" or 54". Keep in mind that there is no down pressure, so I would go with a good BB for the weight.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I have the Landpride BB1548. It has done a lot of dirt work for me and I used it to dress up my driveway until I got a Piranha Tooth Bar. Now the BB1548 is exclusively used for dirt work. It is extremely stout and shows almost no wear after 7 years of work. I bought it new from my dealer for $700 OTD in 2013. It is a great product.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I just noticed that the BB1548 is no longer made. The smallest BB15 series listed is the BB1560.

countryboy9799

Equipment
BX2380
May 23, 2020
MN
I was kind of wondering that myself too, that the 54" would or might be the better option. I do have a back blade, too, but i`ve never really been to fond of them myself either. I actually only bought it to pull the snow away from the decking and the garage doors. And to use it as a rear ballast basically.

My dealer says he would sell me the BB1248 for $700 out the door (tax included in that price). Now i`m wondering how much more the BB1254 (54") will cost vs the BB1248 (48"). I`m living on a very small fixed income now, so money savings really matters. If i pick up some odd job driveway repairs, that would help offset the money a little better.
That's about what I paid for mine. The 54 was within 20 bucks.

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
That's about what I paid for mine. The 54 was within 20 bucks.
Just found a local dealer selling the BB1260 for $750 brand new. Its the 5 foot model. I might just bite the bullet and buy this one instead of the BB1248. I kinda like the idea of the box being a little bit wider. This will be a heavier unit, so that might be the better way to go too.

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
I have a Land Pride grading scraper - one of these: https://www.landpride.com/products/dirtworking/grading-scrapers

Got it with the tractor, because I had never owned anything like this before and it was simpler to use for my main purpose of road maintenance.

I know there's advantages to a box blade over this, would someone please fill me in on some?

Snowmansimon

Dec 31, 2015
Canada
I have the BB1248 on my BX1860. Used it to do the majority of my landscaping over 3 summers. I must have 100 hours on it and now use it to maintain 300ft of driveway. Have resurfaced the odd driveway for friends as well as used it to move material around the house to build a patio and walkway. Other then worn paint it looks like new and surprises everyone once they see the finished product after spreading gravel then lengthen top link and essentially "back drag" for a nice finish. I do use chains on the rear turfs and have 400lb of lead weight on the front (no loader).

I would purchase it again for my BX in a heartbeat.

Reactions: 1 users

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
I have the BB1248 on my BX1860. Used it to do the majority of my landscaping over 3 summers. I must have 100 hours on it and now use it to maintain 300ft of driveway. Have resurfaced the odd driveway for friends as well as used it to move material around the house to build a patio and walkway. Other then worn paint it looks like new and surprises everyone once they see the finished product after spreading gravel then lengthen top link and essentially "back drag" for a nice finish. I do use chains on the rear turfs and have 400lb of lead weight on the front (no loader).

I would purchase it again for my BX in a heartbeat.
LOL... you`re a hell of a salesman Snowman! Just reading your comment makes me want one even more!:D

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
I have a Land Pride grading scraper - one of these: https://www.landpride.com/products/dirtworking/grading-scrapers

Got it with the tractor, because I had never owned anything like this before and it was simpler to use for my main purpose of road maintenance.

I know there's advantages to a box blade over this, would someone please fill me in on some?
Somebody can correct me if i`m wrong, but the box scraper will allow you to move material around, where the grader is just made strictly for leveling off high spots. For what you`re doing, its a perfect fit for you. Later on after i buy a box blade, i will be buying a grader. I can find tons of uses for a grader.