Do you have specs on B219 lines and/or hoses?

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
I'm getting ready for a mod to my B219 FEL, and I don't have a helper to get accurate measurements of the hydraulic lines, and to make a bad situation worse, my 3/4" tape measures and my 5/8" tape measure are so stiff that my measurements are only approximations.

Do you have the dimensions of the lines, and the type/size of the fittings? Specs for the hoses would be appreciated, though I can get a fairly good measurement of them.

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 21, 2014
Oh, man, I feel so stoopit, didn't think (wonder why!) to look at the manual first! Thank you, OE.

Sadly, the manual does not have the length of the lines. I was also hoping for confirmation that the fitting type on the lines are the same as the hoses, or specification of the type on the line end. By inference, they are the same.

Guess I'll just have to go with my measurements, and trim to fit.

OldeEnglish

Equipment
B7100D, MMM, B205 Dozer Blade, woods m48, b2910
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
Page 7 and 8 should tell you the exact length, hose size, and fitting size. Looks to be mostly 1/4" NPT And one 3/8". The lines themselves can be either the fitting size or 3/8" hose with 1/4" fittings. Your better off just using the same size hose as the fitting. Even if it is 1/4" fittings with 3/8" hose, it's only going to flow as much as the 1/4" will allow. Therefore, it's not worth the extra money bumping up the size of the hose ;).

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 21, 2014
Page 7 and 8 should tell you the exact length, hose size, and fitting size. Looks to be mostly 1/4" NPT And one 3/8". The lines themselves can be either the fitting size or 3/8" hose with 1/4" fittings. Your better off just using the same size hose as the fitting. Even if it is 1/4" fittings with 3/8" hose, it's only going to flow as much as the 1/4" will allow. Therefore, it's not worth the extra money bumping up the size of the hose ;).
OE, what manual are you using? my "PARTS AND OWNER'S MANUAL, SERIES 25 LOADER, MODEL B219" documents the controls and procedures. On page 22 & 23 the "ASSEMBLY - LIFT FRAME AND HYDRAULIC HOOK-UP" schematic and "B219 PARTS LIST" have a similar image and list as in your Kubotabooks post (but your find is a much nicer and more complete image!).

I think perhaps I haven't made a sufficient effort to distinguish between the steel hydraulic lines and the rubber hydraulic hoses. I have found lengths for the hoses, and I appreciate confirmation of those from other sources.

I cannot find the lengths of the steel hydraulic "oil lines", as the parts list identifies them -- I can only find references, for example, Oil Line, RH Long.....70050-00144

If I am overlooking the steel hydraulic oil line lengths (a serious and well-documented shortcoming of mine), please point me to the location. (If you could do it the way NorthIdahoWolfman does, using yellow highlighting to show the item, I would be ever-so-grateful!

Use a garden or air hose, you can dress/tie it in real nice just like a hydraulic hose, then mark it with tape or a sharpie. Once your happy remove it, lay it out straight and measure.
Oh, Kenny, you're a treasure! Fank yew, fank yew, fank yew, frum de boddum uv mah hart!

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 21, 2014
Your welcome Shaun ;)
Get a bag of cable/zip ties and get to work-and don't forget the pics!
Goodness gracious, but yer demanding! <sigh>

Okay, u wanker...

First off, I didn't want to waste the wire ties; I used tape (I think you kids call it "painter's tape"). Used it to mark the lengths, as well as to hold the hose in place.

I had some salvaged garden hose that was thin enough, but recalled a salvaged length of air hose (low pressure) that was more ideal for snaking and bending...

So, starting at the control block

Attachments

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 21, 2014
And if you didn't wind up at that big bad wolf's house, you should see grand mamma's house. Then you can straighten out the hose and get the secret.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Shaun,
Yes, for the tractors third function for the grapple only have on connection on the tractor (one set of quick disconnects, and you loop the 2 cylinders together on the grapple itself, much cheaper and easier to work on.

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 21, 2014
Two cylinder grapple eh?

If so, most of the time the Tees are on the grapple, and only a single set of (two) hoses go from it to the loader frame, unless you have some other secret project brewing.
Crum! No secrets around here, eh?

Thanks, KD, I din't know that until NIW tried to explain it to me last evening.

And just to forestall the barrage of questions: no, I don't have a PLAN for a secret project. I'm just trying to envision possibilities and add affordable enhancements while building the monster.

Shaun,
Yes, for the tractors third function for the grapple only have on connection on the tractor (one set of quick disconnects, and you loop the 2 cylinders together on the grapple itself, much cheaper and easier to work on.
Okay, that sounds good. However, there's a disconnect (don't go there!) and I don't have a clear picture of it yet.

Thanks, thanks!

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
Generally, for the new circuit to operate a grapple or snowplow there is a "bulkhead" mounted on the front of the loader, either one of the arms or more commonly on the center of the torque tube. I'll attach a few pics to give you an idea. It does not need to be fancy, I've seen everything from bungee cords to custom CNC brackets used.

The simplest is the one with two 1/4" QD's clamped in a double tube clamp, and held on with a large hose/worm clamp. I have those parts in stock if you need them.

Oh yeah, not many secrets, been around this stuff to many years and seen way to many people who think they have a better way...

Attachments

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 21, 2014
The simplest is the one with two 1/4" QD's clamped in a double tube clamp, and held on with a large hose/worm clamp. I have those parts in stock if you need them...
I've tried every subgroup I could think of (Hydraulics; Kubota; etc.) and can't find the bulkheads -- even went to your partner's site and... no joy. Are they included in your site map?

Oh yeah, not many secrets, been around this stuff to many years and seen way to many people who think they have a better way...
I apologize; I seem to have given you a bad impression of me. I assure you that I do not reject or negate any of the advice or suggestions you've given me. Often you suggest something that I do not have the means to do. I guess folks would say of me, "He has a Cadillac appetite and a bicycle pocketbook."

I am sufficiently introspective, and honest, to acknowledge that I'm not experienced enough to think that I have a better way. Sometimes I may have such a deep desire to have something that I can't afford that I have difficulty letting go of the dream.

I deeply regret that any cross of mine becomes a burden for anyone else. (However, for the one who sees my struggle and is moved to help carry that cross, I give my undying gratitude. Thank you all!)

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
I've tried every subgroup I could think of (Hydraulics; Kubota; etc.) and can't find the bulkheads -- even went to your partner's site and... no joy. Are they included in your site map?
Sorry, I have the 1/4" QDs shown on the site (hydraulics page) , but not the clamps, sorry to lead you on a wild goose chase. I do have three of them (of course you only need one) and probably a large clamp I could sell you however. Feel free to email me though the website anytime, I'm trying not to break any rules here as we are not paid advertisers on OTT.

Not sure who/what the "partner" is your referring to, but we are a stand alone company.

I apologize; I seem to have given you a bad impression of me. I assure you that I do not reject or negate any of the advice or suggestions you've given me. Often you suggest something that I do not have the means to do. I guess folks would say of me, "He has a Cadillac appetite and a bicycle pocketbook."

I am sufficiently introspective, and honest, to acknowledge that I'm not experienced enough to think that I have a better way. Sometimes I may have such a deep desire to have something that I can't afford that I have difficulty letting go of the dream.

I deeply regret that any cross of mine becomes a burden for anyone else. (However, for the one who sees my struggle and is moved to help carry that cross, I give my undying gratitude. Thank you all!)
No apology needed, I was half joking and wasn't directly speaking of you. Just know that my main intention is to help you any way I can through the experience I've gained over the years, so when I saw your where adding Tee's on the loader side I wanted to make sure you had a grasp of what needed to be done for a successful install-irregardless if you purchase anything from us or not, that's why I went searching for those pics so you could "see" various ways of doing this.

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 21, 2014
Sorry, I have the 1/4" QDs ... Feel free to email me though the website anytime, I'm trying not to break any rules here as we are not paid advertisers on OTT.
I respect your integrity, and I realize that often we (the non-merchants on OTT) often lead merchants (advertisers or not) into areas that we shouldn't.

Not sure who/what the "partner" is your referring to, but we are a stand alone company.
On the 'Hydraulics' page of your Website:
"For complete kits ... please contact our partner Chris at Artillian Tractor."

No apology needed, I was half joking and wasn't directly speaking of you. Just know that my main intention is to help you any way I can through the experience I've gained over the years, so when I saw your where adding Tee's on the loader side I wanted to make sure you had a grasp of what needed to be done for a successful install-irregardless if you purchase anything from us or not, that's why I went searching for those pics so you could "see" various ways of doing this.
I would be very upset if I had offended you. At the risk of repeating myself to the point of seeming insincere: "You're the best, KennyB!"

I'm grateful for the points you, Brian, and NIW have made to help keep me from costly mistakes. I candidly state that I budgeted adding a grapple simply by adding up all the money I could lay my hands on.

I've had several surprises -- well, not surprises, actually, unanticipated additional expenses, such as reducers, a bulkhead, and swivel fittings. However, with the help of you folks who have so generously contributed your expertise, I may be able to complete the project without having it rust away while I try to find additional funds.